Getting hurt in an accident can be really tough. Sometimes, you may not even know how bad the injury is until later on. Getting better can take a while, with lots of therapy for your body and your job. Pain that sticks around can be really hard on you, both emotionally and physically. And then there’s all the monetary expenditure from medical bills and missing work, which can stress out your family.
At Asheville personal injury law firm, the attorneys know how much an accident can mess things up for you and your family. If you or someone you care about got hurt because of someone else’s fault, our Asheville personal injury attorneys can help you get the money you need to cover everything.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney in Asheville?
Motor vehicle-related deaths are becoming rampant in North Carolina. In the last year, they reported, 1,470 people died in traffic accidents, and over 125,000 suffered from injuries. If you or someone you care about got hurt because a driver was careless or reckless, it’s crucial to understand what you can do.
Lots of people hurt in accidents think the driver’s insurance company will step in and help cover medical bills and other costs. But those companies care most about making money. They may prioritize their profits over what you really need for your injuries. The people they send to talk to you are trained to negotiate and may try to give you less than you deserve or even reject your claim entirely.
Here are some sneaky tactics insurance companies can use against you:
- They may call you right after the accident and push you to agree to a payment before you even figure out how hurt you are.
- They may ask tricky questions that could hurt your case, like: “Were you hurt? What happened in the accident? Was the weather a factor? Were you wearing a seatbelt?” If they can blame you even a little for the accident, they could cut how much they pay you or say no altogether.
- They may try to get you to sign a paper that lets them off the hook for everything.
- They may insist you see a specific doctor they work with, who may not give you the care you really need because they’re trying to save money.
- They may want to record your talk. They’ll use your own words against you later if you let them, but it’s totally fine to say no to being recorded.
You don’t have to talk to an insurance authority without a lawyer if you don’t want to. Actually, the smart lawyers at the Asheville personal injury law firm suggest not answering these trick questions without a good lawyer helping you out.
If you suffer from harm because of someone else, you should get what’s fair for your pain and injuries.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
If someone else caused your injury by being careless, they might have to take responsibility for it. To do that legally, we need to show that they didn’t do what they should’ve done, and that led to your injury. Here’s what we’ve got to prove:
- The person who caused it was supposed to keep you safe.
- They messed up or did something really risky.
- The reason for your injury is them.
- You suffer losses due to the injury.
Just an injury does not always mean there’s a case. The lawyers will hear what happened, look at your situation, and figure out if they can make a case against the person who caused it based on the proof they’ve got.
Different Types of Traffic Accident Personal Injury Claims
Car accidents can cause really serious injuries, whether you are in another car, walking, on a bike, or riding a motorcycle.
People hurt in accidents often face the following:
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries that can be permanent
- Broken bones or fractures
- Hurt muscles and serious bruises
- Damage inside your body, like to your organs or bleeding
- Injuries to your spine that can cause paralysis
- Neck injuries, sometimes called whiplash
- Cuts and scrapes
- Scars or changes to how you look
- Losing a limb
If you or someone you know is suffering from an injury because of a driver’s negligence, the Asheville personal injury law firm is here to step in. The auto accident attorneys in Asheville are ready to stand up for you and make sure the person responsible takes responsibility. They handle all kinds of accidents involving vehicles:
- Car crashes
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle mishaps
- Injuries from rideshares like Uber or Lyft
- When kids suffer injury in traffic accidents
- Accidents in work zones
- Bicycle accidents involving vehicles
- Pedestrians hurt by cars
What Questions Should I Ask My Personal Injury Attorney?
Choosing an Asheville personal injury lawyer is really a personal choice. You want someone you can trust and feel good working with. Before you meet, having some questions ready may help you decide if they’re the right one for you. Here are a few:
- Who’s responsible for what happened to me?
- Have you dealt with cases like mine before, and did they work out?
- How often do cases get sorted without going to court?
- What kind of compensation will I receive?
- Have you gone up against big companies in court?
- How do I get the money if we win?
Personal Injury Attorneys in Asheville Can Help
Asheville personal injury law firm will put your rights first. When reckless drivers cause big injuries, the top-notch Asheville personal injury lawyers make sure you get what you deserve, like:
- Paying all your medical bills for the injuries
- Money for the wages you lost if you couldn’t work
- Cash for the income you might lose later on
- Help with the pain and tough times
- Making up for the things you can’t enjoy anymore
- Sometimes, extra money as a punishment
A personal injury can bring a lot of problems for you and the people you care about. If you have hurt yourself in Asheville, North Carolina, because someone else was negligent, the Asheville personal injury law firm is here to help you through this tough time.
For more information, visit ApzoMedia