Since the introduction of smartphones and social media apps on them, people rarely ever use or want to use the desktop versions. Most systems have developed a mechanism such that it redirects any link to the social media app even when you open it through the browser. So, if you want to access the desktop version of Facebook, typing it out on Safari will also not lead you to it. It will take you to the app.
The desktop version of Facebook has certain different and additional features. While the app is faster and more efficient in its own way, it does not show some of the options and settings. Hence, if one wants to access those, the desktop version is necessary. Given below are some ways which one can use to access the Facebook desktop version on their iPads and iPhones.
This works only if you know the accurate URL of the Facebook login page. All you need to do is type it in the Facebook search on your Facebook app. The steps for it are as follows.
- Tap on the Facebook app icon on your iPhone or iPad, and this will open Facebook in the mobile version on your phone.
- Then click on the search icon on the Facebook app. It looks like a magnifying glass and can be found on the right-hand side on top.
- Lastly, type in the accurate URL – https://www.facebook.com/login.php in the bar next to the search option and press “Go.”
This will effectively give you access to the desktop version of Facebook without redirecting you to the app. All of the features of Facebook will be present.
Safari is the default browser of IoS. It is present on both iPhones and iPads. It is quite useful for searching for things like “best escape rooms” or” places to eat” or alternatively help you access the facebooks desktop version.
The desktop version of Facebook can be accessed through Safari too. Follow the steps given below;
- Tap on the Safari icon on your iPhone or iPad
- Type “www.facebook.com” on the search bar.
- The Facebook page will open, click on the ‘aA’ icon right next to the URL
- Among the options in the drop-down menu, click on ‘Request Desktop Website.’
The desktop version of Facebook will open. All you need to do is type in your login details, and then you can begin Facebooking.
Though it might be a little difficult to log in because the font will be minuscule and difficult to understand, this happens because the system has not optimized the desktop version for use on mobiles.
You need not worry, though, as there is a way around this as well. You can simply change your device mode to landscape. This will enhance the font and make it clear.
3. Google Chrome
There is one more way to access the desktop version of Facebook if all else fails. If you prefer using Google Chrome over Safari or if you aren’t used to Safari, this could be your go-to. This is similar to the previous method. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Google Chrome browser on your iPhone or iPad.
- Type in ‘Facebook.com’ on the search bar.
- The Facebook page will open, on the right-hand side, on the top, there will be three dots. Click on those three dots.
- Among the options listed on the drop-down menu, click on the option which reads, ‘Request Desktop Site
Your desktop version of Facebook will appear. You may log in and begin browsing through your Facebook account.
Smartphones and easy access have made mobile apps more common. While this has helped to increase the app’s efficiency and speed for common actions, it still lacks some of the features of the original social media platforms. Facebook desktop version also has some additional features. Given above are some easy ways to access FB the OG way.
Related Post : How to Fix Pname Com Facebook Orca Error on Android?