Table of Contents
1. Start an online shopAlthough building a full-time career out of jewelry-making, t-shirt designing, or painting can feel virtually impossible, it’s actually very possible if you dedicate enough time to it. With the help of online services such as Society 6 and Etsy, it’s never been simpler to make a living off your creative experience. People around the world will be able to purchase your work while you turn some serious profits.
2. Freelance gigsIf you are unaware of the available ways to get in touch with the best (and most dependable) clients, becoming a freelancer can be a rough career. For qualified freelancers aiming to build a career from the comfort of their own homes, Upwork is among the best online platforms out there. Upwork links professionals in search of skilled experts and independent contractors all over the world, spanning everything from graphic design and coding to 3D modeling and copywriting.If you have a background in the following, your skills are in high demand at all times:
- Social media
- Data entry
- Graphic design
3. TutoringThe need for tutors will always be compelling as long as there is an existing education system and individuals who want to learn. While the curriculums in middle school and high school are the quickest to familiarize yourself with, anyone with any higher education experience would be able to make serious income tutoring college and graduate students.
4. Selling Used GoodsAnother interesting career path is selling used goods online. The thrifting scene is blowing up and well worth diving into while there’s money to make. You could even foray into launching your own resale company if you are particularly excited about flipping. Whether it means scouring your home’s crevices and corners for old Pokemon cards or going to nearby thrift shops in search of rare art, consistent reselling of the right selection of items could turn a serious profit in no time.Check out these popular resale sites to get your resale business rolling:
- Vestiaire Collective
5. Renting your space outHave you ever considered renting your space out via AirBnb, VRBO, or another unconventional accommodation platform? If your home is always vacant, doing so may be the easiest way to make money you never knew you needed.While your home’s geographical location will have the most deciding influence on how successful your listing becomes, listing your house for rent could yield a decent chunk of money on a monthly and annual basis. Do keep in mind that if people start lining up to stay in your abode, you will be kept to a certain cleanliness and cordiality standard, so do your fair share of homework before determining if hosting is for you.Business is booming for Airbnb hosts, and if your house, studio, or spare room is centrally situated near hot tourist attractions or towns, you could earn thousands of extra income per month by temporarily renting to weary travelers. You don’t need to become an MLO, a real estate agent, or any sort of professional to make this career a reality.How does your city measure up? If you reside in one of the following five cities, you’ll likely be able to list with confidence.
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Diego