Table of Contents
The business world is rapidly evolving. With the advancement in technology and its widespread availability, the concept of business is also in continuous progress. To get the best out of their business, several organisations are entering the electronic market through developing Mobile Applications for Android and iOS Platforms.
To develop the ideal app for your interest, you should have the proper knowledge of outsourcing mobile app development. Without the basic idea of the job, it is challenging to make the whole process smooth and hassle-free. Also, improper planning and research affect the result, thus negatively affecting your business.
App developers are of high demand right now for developing applications that give a boost to the business of several companies. A suitable application that lets your customers complete their purchase in minimum clicks will give your company a firm position in the market. Better communication with customers is the advantage that mobile applications offer.
However, a lot of common mistakes happen while outsourcing Mobile App Development. Following points will help you to take necessary precautions against the common mistakes and be wise while outsourcing Mobile Application Development for your business.
Lack of Research
Handing over your project without basic research about the developers may cost you more than you can imagine. To get optimal results, you have to choose the right company that suits your business needs and field of operation. Most of the companies available for the development of Android and iOS Applications are generally much efficient in a certain area. Choose the perfect partner that is able to relate to your vision.
To ensure eligibility and expertise of the companies, only online reviews and ratings are not enough. It is preferable to have a one on one interview with the developers. Enquire about the past projects undertaken by them and also get a clear picture of the team that will handle your project. Analysing the portfolio of the company always helps to get a better idea about its standard.
Another practical problem that comes into play while dealing with overseas development companies is the time zone difference. To avoid confusion and miscommunication, a rigid plan of action while keeping the time zone difference in mind is a must. It saves time and makes the whole process smooth with minimal clashes.
Lack of Planning
Planning is an essential part of every work. Before you hand over your project to the developers, extensive preparation is necessary. Who is the target audience, what will be the nature of services and products offered in the App, and all such relevant questions should be asked and answered while briefing the developers? A well-planned start ensures fewer chances of blunders later on.
Here are some probable points that will help you while planning the project:
- You must have a clear objective for the application. Is it for boosting the loyalty of customers? Or to earn profits? It can very well be anything else, depending on your requirements. But sorting out the objective will help to form the structure of your app.
- Decide what will be the nature of the application- Light app Version or Full feature product.
- Make a proper budget estimation. Research, personal observation of the market, and discussion with fellow business partners are helping to get the idea of expenditure.
- Make a deadline. Time is of great essence in the electronic market. People nowadays do not value clone apps. Thus timelines are equally important as quality and uniqueness.
- Plan your app properly. Rushing to the developers with exemplary apps without a proper thought on all details may harm your interest in the end.
Lack of Communication
With thousands of native and overseas developers available for outsourcing Mobile Apps, it is quite hard to find out the right one for your needs. Communication is the key to success in this regard. It is advisable to have a clear conversation with your outsourcing company about every relevant factor. Also, studying their response is equally important. The following tips clarify the point further :
- Enquire about previously undertaken similar projects and a client list of the company you plan to hire.
- Study the response of employees to get a better idea about their professionalism, punctuality, and client satisfaction level.
- Ensure there is no language barrier between you and the people involved in the task.
- Get proper quotes of the budget for the type of App you desire.
- Don’t forget to get the App tested. QA must be a part of every decent application. Discuss all related matters on this point with the company.
Lack of Budget Estimation
Planning on investments in outsourcing mobile app is essential. To ensure your satisfaction with the product and budget, a lot of knowledge and reasonability is required. For that, you have to be updated with all the facts and figures. It is good to explore the market to have a vague idea about the cost associated with app development.
Also, be very careful if the company offers a price too good to be true. Developing an app requires considerable effort, so companies focusing too much on affordability must be looked into thoroughly. Most of such cases end up in double expense when the product you get is not up to the expectations.
To avoid such a situation, ask the outsourcing company about the breakup of the proposed cost as per project milestones. Produce a clear set of your requirements to the company you plan to hire and ask for all relevant details. You are paying for the services. Naturally, you have the right to inquire.
Hiring the right experts for outsourcing your Application for Android and/or iOS platforms is not only beneficial for saving time and money but also it is significant to grow strong professional bonds. Define your priorities. Extensive research, proper planning on budget and timelines, and overall communication with the developers are the basic points that you have to keep in mind. With a suitable application for the business, your company is sure to progress in leaps and bounds.
Author’s Bio: I’m currently working as an iPad game developer with TheAppSmiths. I have a great passion for building world-class products as I love technology. In the last couple of years, I have worked with big and small clients across numerous continents. I have learned new technologies as well as mentoring and helping others to get started in their programming career. I have a keen interest in outsource mobile application development, Android Development, Game development, etc.