Sleep is not more a subject of trouble as it was before. A proper eight-hour sleep was enough to make up for the fatigue of the previous day and to start the new day with more energy and positivity. But, in today’s society where work is the main priority, they say if you are not cutting down on your sleep, then you are not working enough. Moreover, compromising your sleep can take a toll on your health, especially your head.
It is a fact that sleep deprivations have many ill effects like grumpiness, mood swings, frustration, and many more. When you don’t get enough sleep, the neurotransmitters in your brain do not work properly, which may affect your memorizing and learning capabilities. Also, when the neurotransmitter is impaired, your overall productivity, problem handling capability, and the ability to perform difficult tasks may suffer. It may also affect your attention span and real-time memory. For instance, you may have to read a piece two to three times, because you were not paying attention for the first time. Lack of sleep can badly influence your cognitive functioning and may leave you in a constant state of drowsiness.
Therefore, the question here is that what can you do keep yourself sane even if you are sleep deprived.
You may have heard of the term “egregores,” it is a potent chemical composition that works similar to the amphetamines. These drugs help promote wakefulness and promote alertness. However, everything comes with a price. These drugs may have many side effects, but they are not as severe as the ones associated with amphetamines. You can take Modalert 200 for the purpose as it can keep sleepiness, drowsiness, and fatigue at bay
The effectiveness of the drug is even backed up by many kinds of research and studies. It is a known fact that military personnel uses such medicines to keep themselves alert during an important mission. However, this alertness does not last long; it only works for a few hours of consuming it. So, to experience the effects of medicine for a longer time, you may have to keep on consuming the medicine from time to time or at regular intervals. Also, some users of the medicine over-estimate their capabilities after consuming the medicine.
Long story short, modafinil is an effective cognition enhancer, but the effects will not last forever. And the overconfidence effect, that comes along with the medication suggests that the medicine cannot be used for long terms. So, if you want to keep you proactive from time to time, then modafinil is what exactly you want.
What is modafinil?
Modafinil is one of the most popular and commonly used smart drugs that help induce wakefulness or alertness in a person. For, all the eugeroics or smart drugs, modafinil is the main ingredient.
Modafinil is a common treatment for suppressing the symptoms of fatigue and drowsiness because of disorders like sleep apnea, narcolepsy, jet lag, or shift-sleep disorder. More info about Modafinil. This drug will help you to alert and up.
How does modafinil work?
The drug helps combat and cure various disorders.
- Narcolepsy: if you are taking modafinil for narcolepsy, then you can consume the drug before or after consuming the food. You must consult a doctor before you start taking medicine, as your doctor will prescribe the right dosage of the medicine. You may pop in the medicine at the beginning of the day. You can also consume the medicine by reducing the dosage size for each time,i.e., divide the medicine into two parts; one in the morning and other in the noon.
- Sleep Apnea: For treating sleep apnea, you can take the medication before or after you consume the food. It is important to take doctor’s advice before you take in the medicine. Do not stop taking the drug or change the medication on your own as it may have various harmful effects on your health.
- Shift Sleep Disorder: if you are taking medicine for a shift sleep disorder, then you can take medicine orally. Make sure you are consuming the medicine strictly as per the directions of your specialist. Your doctor will give you the right dosage after examining your condition and observing all the symptoms. For deriving, maximum benefit from the medication, take medicine daily or as per doctor’s advice.
In case, you stop consuming the medicine; you may notice some withdrawal symptoms. These are:
If you want to avoid the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms after stopping the medicine, then you should not stop the medicine at once. Reduce the dosage slowly so that your body gets used to the new dosage. For some cases, drug withdrawal becomes necessary when the patient has been taking medicine for a long time or in higher dosages, such that their body does not respond to the medicine anymore. Your doctor may ask you to stop taking medicine if it shows no results on you. Another worth mentioning point is that the medication may cause you to become addicted to alcohol, cigarettes, or recreational drugs. So, it is necessary to consume the medication as per your doctor’s advice to avoid any occurrence of unwanted situations.
Commencement of action
Modafinil will show results twenty to sixty minutes after consuming the drug.
The extent of the medicinal effect
The effects of modafinil last for a period of five to ten hours after popping in the pill.
Uses of Modafinil
Modafinil helps suppress the symptoms,i.e., excessive sleeping due to narcolepsy and other sleeping disorders like sleep apnea, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work disorder. The drug will keep you up during your working shift so that excessive sleep does not hamper your work or regular sleeping pattern. It may be helpful in the following cases:
- Bi-polar depression
- Weight loss
- Social anxiety
The major and trivial side effects of modafinil are:
- Trouble in sleeping
If these side effects do not subside in a week or worsen, they seek medical assistance asap.
Other side effects, which may need immediate medical attention, are:
- Mental changes
- Fast/ pounding/irregular heartbeat
- Mood swings
- Suicidal thoughts
The other side effects are:
- allergic reactions, like:
- swollen lymph nodes
- severe dizziness
- trouble breathing
- swollen throat, face, neck