Table of Contents
Not every gift needs an occasion.
The secret to a happy marriage? Taking that advice to heart. Okay, so maybe marriage isn’t entirely based on gifts, but there’s no denying that they can help! Picking up a little something for your spouse is a great way to keep the spark alive and let them know you were thinking about them during the day.
If you want to incorporate more gift-giving into your relationship, read on for four “just because” gifts your spouse will absolutely love!
#1 Delight Them with Their Favorite Food
They say the best way to the heart is through the stomach.
While it may not be medically accurate, this phrase certainly has some merit in the love department. Giving your spouse their favorite food as a gift is a safe bet for several reasons:
- You know they love it
- They’re bound to get hungry at some point
- It’s affordable
- You’ll prevent hangry-related arguments
Whether you grab a pickup order from their favorite restaurant or offer to cook a meal they love at home, the gift of food will never go unappreciated (or uneaten).
#2 Have Them Feeling Bubbly with Champagne
Coming home with a nice wine is great but arriving with champagne is a different story.
Champagne is like liquid romance. The fact that you’d think to grab a bottle of this festive drink to share with your spouse is bound to create some heat between the two of you. Drinking champagne is meant for special occasions but bringing home a bottle of it will show that you consider any night with your S.O. a special occasion!
#3 Surprise Them with a Delivery
Sometimes, the best gift is brought by someone else.
Surprising your spouse with a special delivery is the perfect way to let them know they’re on your mind. Whether you’re out of town or trying to make their work friends envious, sending them a gift can help your love flourish even when you’re apart.
Depending on their tastes, you have options when it comes to this type of gift:
- Flower delivery
- Fruit basket delivery
- Chocolate delivery
- Spa kit delivery
Distance may make the heart grow fonder, but reminders help a little, too!
#4 Remind Them of Your Love with a Framed Photo
A framed photo is the underdog of romantic gifts. Not only is it easy and affordable, but it’s the perfect way to show your spouse you cherish the memories you have with them.
This “just because” gift can be perfectly executed in three simple steps:
- The right frame – Pick up a stylish frame at your local art supply store. Something sleek, but romantic, is best. Ideally, it should fit the decor of your home (or their office) so you can hang it up right away!
- Pick out a photo – You’ll want to choose the right photo for this gift. Something casual like a selfie may be too low quality, but professional photography is probably already on display at home. The ideal picture will be one taken at a particularly happy moment in your relationship.
- Print your photo – Use a printing service to get physical copies of any digital photo. This can be done in person or online, depending on how long you want to wait.
Be the Ultimate Spouse
Even if gift-giving isn’t your love language, it’s still nice to receive a thoughtful present once in a while. Holidays and birthdays are obvious gift-giving events, but something truly meaningful can be given at any time of the year.
Think about what would make your loved one smile and pick it up for them out of the blue. You’d be surprised how much even the smallest gifts can mean when given at the right time!