When you are looking to hire someone to work on your roof there are a few questions you need to ask to make sure you hire an experienced professional.
- What type of insurance does your company have? This is crucial information. Some companies only have insurance to cover expenses if their employee is hurt on the job. However, good roofing companies have insurance that also covers any damage done to your property.
- Does your company have any certifications? Not every roofing company has special certifications so knowing what a potential company has can give you piece of mind that they know what they are doing.
- What kind of warranties do you offer? A roof is a big investment especially if it is a full replacement and so warranties are important. You will want to know how long a warranty is and what it covers in case there are any issues down the road.
- What do you do with the old materials? Does the roofing company clean up any old materials from the roof or do they leave it on your curb for bulk pickup? This is important to know so you aren’t stuck with a bunch of old materials at the end.
- Can you go through the quote with me? It is important to go through the quote with the company before beginning so that you know exactly what goes into each part.
- What kind of reviews do you have? Although you can look a company’s reviews up online it is worth it to ask if they have anyone, they can refer you to that is willing to give a testimonial. Sometimes there are not a lot of reviews online, but this doesn’t mean the company is bad so if you can talk with someone then you can get a feel for how the company works.
- What does a timeline of the work look like? You want to get an idea for how long the process will take. See if they have any guarantees on how long a job should take to make sure they do not mess around and take a long time.
- Can you explain what you are going to be doing? Sometimes it is as easy as repairing a small leak and therefore you know what the company is doing. Other times you ask for an inspection and the roofer starts listing things you did not know about. Either way it is helpful for the roofer to explain what they are doing and why, so you don’t find yourself being taken advantage of.
- What does my insurance cover? A big thing to look at when you need roof work done is what does your insurance cover. This will help you know what you will be paying for out of pocket. Some roofing companies are willing to help fight for you when it comes to insurance so that you get the best deal.
- Is there someone specific who oversees my project? It is important to have a point of contact so that you know who you can go to for questions or issues during the job.
These are just 10 questions to ask when looking at who to hire for your roofing project. Knowing the answers to these questions will allow you to find the best fit for your job and have piece of mind that your roof is in good hands.