Distance learning using online technology is becoming more popular today than ever. This format of education is successfully implemented in the world in almost all areas. Schools and universities also do not stand aside from such innovations. How effective can the so-called “re-education” be, and what are its advantages? Here are ten facts that explain the popularity of this type of learning. In case you need an essay writing service, consult www.domyessay.net to buy your perfect papers.
Online Learning Forms
Now, distance education is one of the main trends in developing educational technologies around the world. Among the variety of forms of online education, everyone can choose the most convenient and appropriate form of education for themselves. We will give a shortlist and description of the most common types of online learning.
- Lectures and video tutorials. Today, many prestigious universities globally and specialized educational resources publicly and free of charge put in open-access collections of the best teaching materials and courses of lectures by eminent professors, which you can attend being a student from anywhere in the world. High-quality, prestigious education has never been so affordable.
- Training. Participants in online training acquire new knowledge, practicing it in practical life situations. Training and online courses to improve qualifications, develop practical business skills, and personal growth are very popular in the corporate environment.
- Webinars are web conferencing and a popular format among coaches when one or several expert speakers broadcast, and participants communicate via chat.
- Online courses are training sessions during which the student does not physically contact the teacher and other students, completing the assignments received through the video lessons and receiving feedback from the teacher. For a certain period, you can gain knowledge on a chosen topic without attending an educational institution.
What Tasks Does Online Learning Solve?
Online education helps prepare children for school, improve employees’ professional skills, get a full-fledged higher education, and master a new profession. Online training even allows you to get a scientific degree. And in the realities of the last two years, while students cannot attend educational institutions, online learning has become a temporary alternative to full-time education.
Pros of Distance Learning
Convenient study place. Online learning does not bind geographically in any way. You can be at work or lie at home under a blanket – and study effectively. There is no need to use transport to the university and home every day, which is especially important for residents of large cities, where you can spend several hours on the road.
Time is under the control of the student. Finally, there is the possibility of not missing lessons or being divided between pressing concerns and study. You have the right to study at any time that is convenient for you. Online learning goes well with a steady job, personal life, and unexpected things.
Mobility in learning. You are alone with the teaching material. It becomes possible to stop the training recording and repeat if necessary. Thus, you process all the material with high quality and do not depend on external distractions.
Individual pace. Learning at an individual pace: the student’s speed of learning the material depends on his circumstances and needs. And you can stay tuned to topics and activities!
Feedback anytime. Online learning makes it easy to connect with the teacher via chat, mail, or a distance learning platform. This is a simple form to get an answer instantly, without waiting for the next lesson.
Emotional comfort while studying. Modest people can ease their life with online education. Sometimes in meetings, there is not enough time to respond to each participant. In this sense, online learning has a significant advantage.
You pay less. If you opt to study in another city, you will have to pay for your lodging and regular visits home and now learn from the comfort of your own home.
You Also make your time schedule. You may fill your leisure time with something worthwhile and exciting for yourself if you know how much time you need for theory and practice each day.
An innovative approach to practical training. Online learning does not preclude practice. You will be able to review the practical course in detail and, if necessary, repeat it without missing important points. You have the opportunity to use modern educational technologies and get access to electronic materials, which you can refer to in the future.
Freedom. With distant learning, you needn’t adapt to the teacher’s mood and observe the deathly silence in the classroom. Other students and an unexpected mobile phone call won’t distract you. You will not miss classes due to various circumstances. The result of your training directly depends on independence and consciousness – that is, only on you!
Cons of Online Education
The main difficulty in choosing online education is motivation. Self-organization and responsibility are not the most fundamental characteristics of human character. According to statistics, between 40 and 60% of students leave out before finishing the course. When choosing online training, you need to competently organize the learning process, devoting enough time to classes and homework.
- Technical difficulties. Not all countries or regions of a particular country have free access to the Internet, without which online learning is impossible;
- Lack of socialization. There is no intimate conversation between students and the teacher, or among themselves, as there is in offline communication, social ties are created, and collaboration skills are learned;
- Education document. Employers are still wary of certificates and diplomas earned through online training. But the situation is changing, and over time, there will be no difference between online and offline diplomas.
Despite the existing shortcomings, all the prerequisites for online learning to replace the traditional learning format are common.
In this situation, however, the distance learning format may organically fit into the outline of the future and become a priority in it. It is impossible to exclude this. After all, there are many advantages to the remote format. And the correction of the minuses is in our hands.