Many people do not know how to edit a PDF document or whether or not it is possible to edit PDFs. Editing the PDF document is not that easy because PDF file format retention ensures security and compatibility. However, various PDF software with editing features that allow you to make changes to PDF documents. If you also face any type of issues while dealing with PDF formats, you should learn to edit a PDF document so that you can change the format and structure of the file. The most helpful tool in this regard is UPDF which comes with many robust editing features. You can edit text, add or remove an image, add or remove links, watermarks, and make changes to the background, headers, and footers, etc.
Let’s know more about how to edit a PDF and how UPDF can help you to edit PDF documents according to your unique requirements.
Find out the Positive Features of UPDF Editor
UPDF is a robust PDF editor, reader and organizer utility with simple-to-use features that make it easy for users to utilize the program. You can edit, read, convert, OCR, comment, organize, share, and print PDF files. Along with other useful features, it safeguards and maintains the security of your crucial PDF files.
Here we have listed and explained a few major robust editing features that you can enjoy while using UPDF for PDF editing purposes.
- Edit Text & Images
You can easily edit images in UPDF which simply means whether you want to add relevant images to PDF documents or cut irrelevant images from PDF documents, you can easily do it when you use UPDF editing functionality. Moreover, it also allows you to replace images, flip images, crop images and add logos to PDF documents.
Similarly, you can edit text by changing the font size & color and customizing the thickness of letters. Furthermore, you can add or remove text according to your requirements.
While dealing with important PDF documentation and transferring all the paperwork on digital devices, we may have to add or remove links. When you have UPDF, you can remove or add links accordingly and make the document more authentic with references and necessary links.
To retain the originality of the documents, sometimes it becomes necessary to add a watermark to the document. With UPDF, you can easily achieve this goal.
Background customization is an important aspect of PDF documentation. With UPDF, you can change the color, style, and layout of the background.
- Header & Footer
Financial and educational documents often require the addition of headers and footers to add details such as file names, page numbering, and dates. With UPDF, you can add headers and footers and make the PDF document easier to navigate for the readers.
How to Edit a Normal PDF with UPDF
It is super easy to edit a PDF document or write on a PDF with UPDF. Here are the steps for you to follow:
- Step 1. Open your PDF file in UPDF, and then you will find a “Edit” icon displayed on the left toolbar of the interface.
- Step 2. By clicking the “Edit” icon, you can make your PDF file editable, like you are editing a Word document.
- Step 3. You will find that all the text become editable and you can add, remove, modify the text easily.
- Step 4. You can also edit the image if you want to.
How to Edit a Scanned PDF with UPDF
How can a basic PDF editing tool be used to alter a scanned PDF? You will need the right tool to transform the text, even though it must be editable. A specific OCR tool is available from UPDF that transforms scanned PDFs into accessible and editable text. Check out the following instructions to learn how to use this tool:
Step 1: Open the tool and choose the OCR option.
Load the PDF file on UPDF, then click “Recognizing Text Using OCR” to bring up a menu. Then, under the “Document Type” page, turn on the “Searchable PDF” button.
Step 2: Establish Layout Preferences
The “Layout” of the OCR software that it is required to adhere to must then be specified. Choose “Text and photos alone” or “Text over the page image” from the range of possibilities, then use the “Gear” button to specify the advanced different options.
Step 3: Set Language and Image Resolution
You must choose the “Document Language” from the list of 38 languages while configuring the layout settings. Choose the resolution from the possible choices in the “Image Resolution” area, or, for automatic analysis, select the “Detect Optimal Resolution” link.
Step 4: Carry out the Editing a Scanned PDF Method
Utilize the “Page Range” parameters to decide how many pages must be covered during the procedure. When finished, click “Perform OCR” to start the procedure. You must decide where to save the transformed document.
More Features of UPDF
- As one of the best PDF conversion software, UPDF supports many frequently-used formats like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, PNG, TXT, etc. It also can convert PDF to other formats including HTML, XML, RTF, etc.
- It now has an advanced OCR feature which means that you will be able to convert scanned PDFs into searchable and editable formats.
- It provides powerful annotation features. All kinds of annotation tools are available and you can highlight, underline, and add text boxes, stamps, etc. to PDF documents.
- The encryption feature allows you to add passwords to permissions to your PDF documents. It will protect your PDF from opening, editing, printing, etc.
- The collaboration and sharing feature of UPDF is also practical to use. You can share your PDF document as a link.
In conclusion, it is right to say that if you want to know how to edit a PDF document but do not have any technical knowledge, it is better to start with UPDF.
- UPDF has a very beautiful and beginner-friendly interface
- It is an all-in-one tool with PDF annotation, PDF editing, converting, signing and sharing features.
- With lightning-fast speed, it can streamline tasks of the businesses.
- One account can work perfectly for up to 4 platforms, so UPDF is budget-friendly.
- UPDF is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
- It is available in many languages such as English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Korean, etc.
It would be right to say that UPDF is an all-in-one solution that can solve all of your PDF issues that come in the way of digitization of the documents, their signing, conversion, sharing and reading. Get UPDF today.
Read More : PDFBear Converter Tool: 4 Formats You Can Convert Your PDF To