It’s really cool news that Google has finally released their LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0 update for the LG urbane 2nd edition. Now, a lot of people who own this amazing gadget can install this update. Moreover, it’s also true that Google will roll out the update for a whole range of smartwatches as well.
So, now the question is, what sort of new deal does this update carry? We know that the developers relentlessly try to include new additions, fix bugs, and do a lot of things to make sure that the machine runs really well. This is also true for LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0 as well because we finally have an update.
Well, let’s take a look at the new stuff that has come with this update for LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0 now. So, the update includes a lot of new features like overhaul design, standalone apps, messaging support for third-party apps, Google assistant, etc. Moreover, the update has also fixed a lot of bugs as well. In addition, we also see a lot of improvements to the watch faces, fitness, and a lot of other stuff.
About LG Urbane 2 Android wear 2.0, Google said, “Based on what we’ve learned from users and developers, we’re evolving the platform to improve key experiences on the watch, including watch faces, messaging, and fitness”.
A General Overview On LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition
So, in order to know about the LG urbane 2 Android wear 2.0 update, we should also talk about LG watch urbane 2nd edition. According to the sources, it was released back in 2015 in September with Android wear 1.0 out of the box.
Furthermore, it’s also worth noting that this watch has a 480×480 pixel display, 4GB of internal storage with 768MB of ram as well. In addition, we also see it performing exceedingly well with the Snapdragon 400 processors. Last but not least, it also boasts of 570mAh battery.
So, now that we know about the key features of the LG watch urbane 2nd edition, it’s time to check out LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0 update and how you can install it.
Here Are The Steps That You Should Follow In Order To Install Android Wear 2.0 On Your LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition
So, there are a lot of people out there who own LG watch urban 2nd edition. As we already know that there’s an update for LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0. If you want to know how you can easily install this update, then it’s imperative that you follow the instructions.
- First of all, you have to download and install the device ADB drivers on your computer. However, you can also skip this step in case you have already installed the ADB drivers on your PC.
- Next, you have to download the firmware image with the extension .tgz on your PC. So, once you have downloaded the firmware image, it’s time to extract the .tgz firmware image file. Moreover, it’s also worth noting that you will find a tmp folder or even xxx-xxx-factory-xxx file without any sort of extension.
- So, after completing the above steps, you will surely get the tmp folder. If you get the folder, then it’s time to open it and then open the tmpxxxxx_device-flash-tarball folder. After that, you will see the output.tar file as well.
- Now it’s time to extract any one of the output.tar files or even xxx-factory-xxx files in the adb folder and you will see the following files: i) bootloader-xxx-xxx.img, ii)flash-all.bat, iii)flash-all-sh, iv)image-xxx-xxx.zip.
- Thereafter, you have to connect the watch to the computer using the USB cable.
- Next, you can enable the developer options & ADB debugging on your smartwatch.
There are a few parts that you need to follow afterward. So, let’s take a look at them shortly.
Things To Follow After Enabling Developer Options & ADB Debugging On The Watch
If you have followed the instructions correctly and enabled developer options & ADB debugging on the watch, you can follow the next steps. Following these steps will allow you to install LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0.
- First of all, you have to go to the Settings and then select About.
- Once you have selected About, it’s time to tap 7 times on the Build number to enable the Developer options.
- Thereafter, you can go back to the main settings screen and select Developer Options.
- Next, it’s time to click on ADB debugging option. Tap on the right to confirm that you have enabled ADB debugging.
- Connect the watch to the PC after performing the above steps. Then, you will see a prompt on the watch screen. It will ask you to Allow Debugging to which you need to select ‘Always allow from this computer.
- Next, go to the ADB folder in your PC and open the command window press shift+right mouse and click Open Command Window.
- You can now write the command: ADB reboot bootloader. If you do that, this will boot your watch into bootloader mode.
- Unlock the bootloader on the watch. However, if you perform this act, all the data will be erased on the watch.
- You can execute any one of the commands: either ‘fastboot oem unlock’ or fastboot flashing unlock. Next, you should long press the power button of the watch to accept the unlock request.
- Open the ADB folder and double-click on the flash-all.bat file. It will successfully install LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0 update and the device will reboot automatically.
This is how you can install LG urbane 2 android wear 2.0 pretty easily. All you have to do is to follow the above instructions carefully.