Table of Contents
What Is Covid-19?
COVID-19 stands for Corona Virus Disease -2019. It is a new pandemic situation that has taken the lives of many people around the world. This virus is first identified in Wuhan, China. It is a viral illness that leads to fatal conditions. As it is a widespread disease over the air, people call it a Pandemic.
With Coronavirus, you will not get any symptoms of its exposure. It will take 2 to 14 days to get the symptoms of the virus. Some of them include,
- Breathing problem or Difficulty in breathing
- Muscle Pain
- Loss of Smell and Taste
- Abdominal Pain
- Runny Nose
- Skin Rashes
- Throat Infection
You will have two of the above symptoms of exposure to the virus. The most common symptoms include tiredness, fever, and cough.
How Does Deadly Virus Spread?
The Coronavirus spreads from one person to others in different ways. They spread through
- Close contact of people like shaking hands and touching
- The atmospheric air that has COVID-19 sneezes or coughs
- Respiratory droplets that look like tiny-infected droplets. An infected person produces such droplets of coughing or sneezing. They will spread to the nearest person whose mouth and nose uncovered
- Touching any object in the home or outside that has Coronavirus. You need to wash and use them to avoid the deadly virus infection. Try to wash your hands and legs if you reach back home after roaming outside
People Who Are At Higher Risk Of COVID-19:
Some patients will have mild symptoms and illness of having Coronavirus. Others are serious about having this illness and need to get hospitalized for sure. They need to contact a physician and take help from them.
One has to test for the Coronavirus if:
- You are a physically challenging person
- Living in a large or joint family
- You are 65 years of age or a pregnant woman
- Having any of the medical disorders like:
- Metabolic Disorders
- Blood issues like sickle cell disease
- Obesity of BMI as 40
- Chronic health disorders in kidney, heart
- Endocrine conditions
- Recent pregnancy
- Brain disorders
- Spinal cord disorders
- Compromised immune system
People who are at high risks of getting Coronavirus should
- Avoid crowded areas
- Store your essentials and maintain stocks
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet
- Avoid close contact with the public
- Wash your hands frequently
People may get several complications of having this disease. According to research, people may suffer from
- Pneumonia in both lungs
- Blood clots
- Fatal Condition
How To Protect Yourself?
One has to take precautionary conditions to avoid getting Coronavirus. Here are some best ways to protect yourself.
- Never touch your nose, mouth, eyes with your dirty or unwashed hands
- Stay at the home of feeling tired
- Cover your nose and mouth using a mask
- Maintain social distance in public places. It means a distance of six feet. You need to stay away from others of distance 6 feet
- Avoid going to crowded areas like temples, malls, etc
- Wash your hands thoroughly using soap and water. You can use handwash to wash your hands.
- Buy an alcohol-based sanitizer and use it if you go out
Are There Drugs Available For COVID-19?
Many research centers are working on this Coronavirus to develop a good vaccine. In India, two vaccines are available for people. They are
People are taking both vaccines with a certain time gap. For some people, vaccines are causing side effects. One more vaccine, Remdesivir is good in fighting and controlling COVID-19.
The Bottom Line:
With this pandemic, you need to stay safe and follow the above steps to protect yourself.