Have you encountered a problem with your HP printer, which is bothering you for a long time? If so, there is the option of resetting the printer to make it new again. It will solve any problem that occurred in the HP printer, but you may need to reconfigure the printer once again.
But the need to reset the HP printer does not arise only when you are facing trouble with the printer. You may have to reset the printer when you change the router or internet connection. Or your wireless security has a new set of values.
If you are encountering small errors like HP printer offline error, then you need not reset the printer. These types of errors can be resolved by following a set of instructions. But if one of these errors is troubling a lot in your daily routine, you should consider resetting the printer instructions.
Here are the steps to reset the HP printer on any model.
Steps to reset the HP printer
There are LaserJet, Desk Jet, and an inkjet printer that comes without a display on board. You have to follow these steps for such printers.
- First, you need to remove the USB cable and ink cartridge and remove the power cord.
- Now, let it sit idle for about 3 minutes before you touch anything.
- Now, plug in the power cable once again and wait for the printer to turn on automatically. If not, press the power button and insert the ink cartridge back and connect all the cables.
Now, you have successfully reset the HP printer and resolved the errors.
With Display printers
to Reset the with display printers to original factory settings, you need to follow a few steps. These steps are for hard reset, and it will wipe all the data present in the printer and clean it. Read Also : buy tiktok likes
- Open your printer and go to the menu from the button located near the printer display.
- Now, scroll up and down to open icons and Choose preferences option from the list. The option could be different in all printers, and you can look for reset factory settings or reset menu settings.
- Now, you have to select the Reset Defaults option from the menu and click OK button.
These steps will reset the HP printers to its original state, and you’ll see a confirmation message on the finish.
If you have changed your router or network, then you can try and reset the network settings only. The HP printer allows you to reset the network only and then configure them again.
Restore Network Settings
To restore the network settings, and you need to follow these steps.
- Open your printer by pressing the power button and wait for the device to enter the ready state.
- Now, open the control panel on the printer and select the wireless option.
- Then you need to choose Settings from the wireless option and then scroll down below to choose Restore Network Defaults.
- A prompt will occur asking for your consent, click Yes to confirm that you want to restore the network settings.
- Now, you need to wait for a few seconds for the printer to reset the network settings.
After that, it will be ready for a new network set up to start printing wirelessly.
So, here are the different solutions to reset HP printers without any worries. Most of the HP printer uses the same software, and you would be able to navigate your way to Reset settings.
However, if you are having HP printer driver issues, you might want to download the print and scan doctor to diagnose the problem and recommend a solution.