Table of Contents
Buying a home is one of the most anticipated milestones in most people’s lives. There’s just something about putting that key in the lock for the first time and walking through the door of your own home that’s truly special.
But buying a home is also a process full of hoops to jump through – including a home inspection.
If you’re looking for a new home and have been wondering, “Who are the best home inspectors near me?”, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading for our handy guide on making sure you find a house inspector who can help you find your dream home!
The Do’s of Finding a House Inspector
You’re obviously not just looking for any old home inspector – you want the best for your future home. But how do you find the best building inspector in your area?
- Ask for referrals and reviews. This is a good first step for finding any professional service. Ask friends and family about their experiences with home inspectors, both good and bad. If the same name comes up in a glowing review several times with people you personally know, it’s a good indicator this person is one of the good ones in your area.
- Scope them out online. Check out the online listings for home inspectors in your area and compare their reviews and services. Avoid looking at the first several listings marked as ads and go straight for the review section of the website.
- Verify costs and licensing. Once you have a few good candidates, compare their prices and experience. Home inspection cost varies by area. A home inspector license may be issued by one of several organizations, like the American Society of Home Inspectors, so finding an inspector that holds several accreditations is your best bet.
The Do Not’s of Finding a Home Inspector
On the other side, there are some traps you don’t want to fall into when searching out the best home inspector.
- Don’t just listen to the realtor. Your realtor’s job is to close a sale above all else. Most have a tried and true inspector they work with. Depending on how well you know your realtor, it’s your decision whether to trust that recommendation.
Decide whether you know your realtor well enough to trust that they have a solid recommendation. If it seems they recommend them because they know the inspector will pass the home, move on.
- Don’t just settle on the first one in a Google search. Take time to do the research and find a home inspector you can trust. This is your future home after all, and you don’t want to skimp on the homework and then find out later your new home is a dud!
Who Are the Best Home Inspectors Near Me?
Now instead of wondering, “Who are the best home inspectors near me?”, you can go out and find the very best for your future home!
Looking for more helpful articles? Check out the rest of this site!