Do you love the aroma of fresh coffee wafting through your home every morning? You want the taste of coffee to linger on for a long time? If yes, you will be surprised to know that brewing a perfect cup of coffee is just not enough. There is more to it. Being an epicure, you definitely want to distinguish the various types of beans to find the best coffee bean. Only a coffee connoisseur would know the perfect taste of coffee. Read on Black bear hart ford blogs to find out the tips you need for selecting the best beans for your cuppa.
Table of Contents
How do you like it?
Well, your taste preference tells you how to choose a type of bean.
- For a smooth, mild taste you should try light-colored beans that are dry. They are light because they are roasted only for a short period.
- This tells you that when you choose the beans roasted for a long time, you get strong and slightly bitter coffee. They are dark and shiny in appearance.
- People who prefer bold and bitter strong coffee should choose such types of beans.
- Whatever be the inherent nature of beans, your brewing process also adds value to the quality of coffee.
Do you know the names?
Robusta and Arabica are two common names of coffee you must have heard of. In your bean selection process, do you want to know which is better?
- Arabica is known for its high quality and has a smooth taste, being mildly acidic.
- But the roasting process of Arabica can differ the taste and make it feel different.
- Robusta is stronger and has a bitter taste.
- But these pointers are for those who buy beans and roast at home. If you are not one of them, choose the perfect roaster around.
- Read their specifications to find out the type of beans used and the roasting techniques.
Does Caffeine boosts anyone?
Do you want to be surprised by knowing that there are nearly 15 or more levels to roast a bean? Yes, from light green to total black, it can be roasted for varying degrees of flavors.
- Beans that are roasted light have high levels of caffeine.
- Obvious to the above, dark roasted beans have the lowest caffeine in them.
- The medium roasts are used in Espresso machines.
- At each stage of roast, the coffee differs in its taste.
- Mostly light roasted beans are preferred to give the kick in the mornings for a fresh day’s start.
Check the expiry
Rather than buying ground coffee that is lying on the supermarket shelves for long, it is good to buy roasted beans and grind them.
You can either do it yourself or get it done through the coffee grinding kiosk at the café.
When you buy the beans, don’t forget to check the use-by date. Also, choose the beans roasted very close to your buying date to have the freshness packed intact.
If it has been really long since it is roasted, chances are that it may not be as aromatic as freshly roasted beans.
For people who love the punch in their morning sip, freshness is very important.
The final word
Always buy your coffee beans from a reputed coffee bean seller. They can maintain the roasting levels with their expertise.
Sometimes the best brew of coffee comes from repeated trial and error at home.
It would be great if you could get your coffee right with your own coffee machine with an attached grinder. You could visit Blackbearhartford blogs to look for a variety of coffee machines.