Your smile is one of the most beautiful assets. Naturally you will want to take care of it in the best way possible.
The teeth emerge at the time when you are still a baby. Ever since then, through the time of tooth fairies, you eventually emerge with a mouthful of teeth.
The teeth are not just important for eating and talking but they also reflect the state of overall health. Therefore, keeping the teeth healthy also helps in the sustenance of overall health.
Now there are hundreds of products that are available in the market which are capable of making more harm than good to the teeth. While using the dental products devoid of antimicrobials, glycerine, antibacterial and artificial chemicals happens to be a great start, the true oral and dental health start from within.
That is why here are some of the natural ways to strengthen your teeth and gums that will help you get the desirable oral health. Just take a look.
- Brush and Floss in the Correct Way – Brushing and flossing in the right way can strengthen the teeth. Ensure not to brush too hard and always brush at 45 degrees angles with a soft toothbrush that is soft-bristled. Go for using the decisive and short strokes. Brush for at least a couple of minutes and do keep the tongue in mind as the bacteria love to linger on those areas. The saliva that is produced after brushing can assist with demineralisation as it consists of the minerals and proteins that safeguards the minerals of the teeth. Saliva washes off the germs from the teeth constantly.
- Cut Out on the Sugar – It is likely that your dentist has already warned you about the ill-effects of sugar in the past. Sugar happens to be highly acidic and it breaks down the enamel of the teeth to interact with the bacteria in the mouth. What’s more important, the higher sugar consumption frequency led to the demineralisation more than the amount of sugar that is taken.
- Have a Balanced Diet for the Mouth and Teeth Health – Point out to have a wide variety of vegetables and fruits in the weekly diet. Try selecting a plethora of colours as that makes sure you will be getting a wide variety of vitamins. You should ensure that your plate is half full of veggies and fruits at every meal and opt for whole grains and lean protein for the other half. You can also have low-fat dairy for the same.
- Quit Smoking – Here is another reason for the smokers to quit. Smoking is strongly linked with the emergence of the gum disease. As the smoking weakens the system of immunity, it makes it hard to ward off the gum infection. Added to that, smoking makes it more challenging for the gums to heal once they are damaged.
- Keep Away from Harmful Foods – The fermentable carbohydrates that are found in the breakfast cereals, breads, crackers, bananas, cookies and soft drinks and other starchy materials form dangerous acids on the teeth. When combined with the bacteria, these acids can start breaking down the enamel. Demineralisation eats away at the naturally produced minerals in the enamel. The enamel will be demineralised by the sweet treats and the highly processed foods.
- Avoid the Demineralisation Foods – The fermentable carbohydrates that are found in the breakfast crackers, cereals, breads, bananas and soft drinks are capable of creating dangerous and harmful acids on the teeth. They break the enamel down when combined with the bacteria. Demineralisation literally eats away at the naturally produced minerals present in the enamel.
- Consider Oil Pulling to Decrease the Bacteria in the Mouth – Oil pulling happens to be a popular mouth-cleansing technique followed in India. For this simply go for 2 spoonfuls in the mouth (sufficient to swish around) and move it round the mouth for about 20 minutes. Once done, you can spit the oil out and rinse the mouth. Follow that up with simple brushing. Keep the ones written below in mind –
- You do this in the morning prior to eating
- Coconut oil, sesame oil or sunflower oil – any can be used for this
- Try to swish the oil between the teeth while rinsing the mouth
- Stop Grinding the Teeth – If you clench, grind or gnash your teeth even unconsciously during the night or day, it can be bruxism. The enamel of the teeth can be worn away because of this eventually. Some of the teeth can also get fractured, flattened or chipped because of this habit. So if you experience this you should consult with the best dentist in Greenpoint without delay so that the problem can be addressed and your teeth can be restored without delay.
The above are some of the natural ways which will enable you to retain your teeth and gums and your oral health in the top order for years to come.
Author Bio: Nitesh Ranjan is a digital marketing expert with keen interest on topics, trends and ideas related to brand promotion and advertising. He regularly shares information on the ways to market businesses across digital channels for better ROI, increased conversions and more sales. His blog can help anyone interested in boosting the online visibility in the digital world and eyeing access to a wider and bigger marketplace without spending big on marketing. Trust his digital marketing knowledge to enhance your brand’s presence on the internet.