Videos are often used to send out messages quickly to the desired audience. Although verbal or written communication is given a lot of importance, undoubtedly videos make the most impact in a short span of time.
Videos have the following advantages:
Direct Delivery – Videos deliver the message or information directly to the target recipients. Explaining a message in text form or verbally can be taxing at times.
Flexible – A video is more flexible than a verbal medium. It is easier to show an image to achieve the desired effect.
Engaging – A video is a lot more engaging with an audience than a picture or written content. A person watching a video can relate to it and feel the emotion behind it too.
Credible – Videos add credibility to a message as we say that seeing is believing
Stages of Video Production
A video is a strong medium to communicate messages to the desired audience. There is a process to create and distribute videos, as it isn’t just about shooting and uploading. Producing a video is a simple process and involves only 5 steps.
- Discovery – This step involves brainstorming, briefing, planning and concept development. This stage also ensures that the whole team will be on the same page before pre-production. The team takes time to understand the client needs, goals and the end result desired by the client. The timelines and budgets are also finalized during the discovery stage.
- Pre-production – The pre-production step is to allow creativity to bubble up. Visual planning, storyboarding and scrip crafting tasks are undertaken. This stage is the foundation of the video production process. The sourcing of additional help is also decided during this stage. This stage allows a team to prepare for video production.
- Production – All the work done in the prior stages come together in this stage. Filming starts, and you can also start the process of animation or finding voice-over artists.
- Post–production – Editing, motion graphics, music additions etc. are all done in the post-production stage. The editing process, involving the rough cut, second edit and final cut is also prepared.
- Distribution – In the final stage, the team can decide upon the platform where it wants the video to be released.
Content and video production companies can make excellent videos for a business or individual. They are very capable of understanding their client’s requirements, reading the market and creating something that will dazzle the company as well as the potential clients for whom the video is meant. There are a lot of good Companies that provide Commercial Video Production New York and Video Production Services NYC and can take a business to great heights. Videos can communicate a lot and if you use this medium in the right manner, then it can do wonders for you and your business.