For those of you who don’t know, ADB stands for android debug bridge. It lets you communicate with the device. So, if you don’t know how to get ADB tools mac, then you are at the right place. An ADB tool can perform a lot of operations. For instance, it can enable recovery mode, install zip files, etc.
In short, we can say that an ADB tool can do things that you cannot do under a normal user interface. So, there are users who use this tool to twist and tweak their devices. Moreover, people can also install different firmware on their devices using ADB tools.
So, if you have a Mac computer, then you must know how to get ADB tools mac. So, there are lots of ways to do that. However, before we move to that, it’s essential to know a few interesting facts about both ADB and fastboot.
If you want to know how you can install ADB and fastboot on your Mac computer, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will provide you with an in-depth analysis and instructions on how you can accomplish this task. So, now’s the time to go through this article and get all facts about ADB and fastboot.
Some Facts On ADB Tools Mac & Fastboot
Well, we have already mentioned a lot of facts on ADB. For instance, this ADB stands for android debug bridge and it lets you do lots of things with your smartphone device. For instance, if you wish to install different firmware, increase the inner capabilities of a phone, etc, then you can use this ADB tool. So, this is the reason why people seek ADB tools mac.
An ADB tool is essential if you wish to enable recovery mode on your phone and accomplish various operations. In short, it lets you do things that you couldn’t do under a normal interface. ADB tools mac is therefore a much-needed one if you own a Mac device.
On the other hand, Fastboot is a type of system protocol. So, you can use fastboot system protocol to modify the system images of your Android phone. Well, there are a few devices like nexus where this fastboot comes automatically turn on by default.
However, on other devices, like a Samsung device, you need to do manual operations to turn it on. Fastboot system protocol supports Mac, Android, and Linux. Just like ADB tools Mac, Fastboot is also quite similar to the client-server program.
Furthermore, it’s worth noting that fastboot includes three things at the same time and those are:
- Software that runs on Fastboot mode.
- Files that you wish to execute with the device.
- Protocol for communication.
What Should You Do Before Installing Both ADB & Fastboot
If you want to get both fastboot and tools mac, then you have to consider a few things before installing them. So, we already know that both fastboot and ADB are part of the Android development software kit and that’s why you need to run your device into debugging mode.
In fact, this debugging mode is extremely important because it facilitates a connection between the android phone and PC. So, now that we know what we need to do before the whole process, it’s time to take a look at the steps.
Here Are The Steps To Install Android ADB & Fastboot On Mac
Well, if you want adb tools mac, then there are certain things that you should do. If you follow the steps that we will show here, then you can successfully install ADB and fastboot on mac. It’s pretty simple and hardly takes 10-15 minutes. So, without further ado, let’s check out the process.
- First, you need to download ADB installation scripts for your mac os x device.
- Once you have downloaded the zip file for the installation script of ADB, it’s time to extract the file to a folder. This is a pretty important step in order to get ADB tools mac.
- You can also install ADB by opening the terminal. All you have to do is to open the Launchpad on your Mac operating system and launch Terminal. Or, you can also open the utility folder and launch the Terminal from there with Shift+command+U.
- Next, after you open the Terminal, you should go to Finder App.
- Thereafter, you can open the extracted directory. From there, you need to look for the while ‘ADB-install-mac.sh.”
- Now, just simply drag and drop the file from the Finder app to the Terminal window.
- Once you do that, a file name will appear in the Terminal window. So, all you have to do next is to press Enter and Return key.
- Once you hit that, it will ask for your Account password if you have one. Hit the enter key and enter the account password of your Mac OS X and press enter.
- This is how you successfully install fastboot and ADB tools on mac. It will automatically start executing the scripts and install ADB and USB fastboot. With that, the message ‘Nice Day’ will display on the screen.
So, that’s how you install ADB tools Mac. It’s pretty simple and it doesn’t take that much time either. If you follow the instructions carefully, you will install Android ADB and fastboot successfully on Mac.