You must have heard your smile is the first thing that people notice while meeting you in person. This perception is true to the core and if your teeth are yellowish or stained, you just can’t afford to ignore the problem. Thus, teeth whitening is one of the most dental treatments not only in London but also everywhere in the world in modern times.
There are also different teeth whitening options available to cater to your specific needs and budget.
Let’s take a closer look at those options in the following paragraphs.
Table of Contents
Different reliable options to teeth whitening
- Out of all other teeth whitening options, this one is the most widely used across dentists’ offices across the UK. Also known as chair-side bleaching, the procedure is known for offering satisfactory results. During the procedure, your teeth are directly exposed to bleaching under the supervision of a dentist. A special type of gel or rubber shield protects your gums from the action of the bleaching agent. You can look for teeth whitening in vienna for high-quality and non-toxic whitening treatments.
- Usually, the bleaching agent includes either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Depending on the type of bleach used, you may or may not have to visit the practice more than once. The result of the treatment depends on the overall condition of your teeth and the type of stain.
- If you want a more convenient option, then you can take home a custom-make tray. But this convenient option will deliver results a little late than chair-side bleaching. If you want to save both time and money in going to a dental practice, just get one of those over-the-counter bleaching kits that are widely available across supermarkets and departmental stores. This variety of products contains a lower concentration of bleaching agents as compared to the ones used in chair-side teeth bleaching.
Laser teeth whitening
According to Dr Siavash Mirfendereski, a renowned dentist associated with a premium teeth whitening clinic in the UK – the London Teeth Whitening, identifies this as the latest version of teeth whitening treatment. The procedure involves the application of laser ray to your teeth after exposing them to a bleaching agent. The entire procedure lasts about an hour and provides an excellent result. This method is also referred to as power whitening.
Any kind of toothpaste is helpful to remove surface stains from the teeth to some extent or the other. But whitening toothpaste is slightly different from the rest and contain active ingredients like calcium carbonate or hydrated aluminium oxide to bolster the stain removal feature. However, unlike laser whitening or bleaching procedures, these toothpaste don’t change the colour of your teeth to a huge extent. They save your money and time from visiting a dentist.
While choosing a whitening toothpaste, make sure it contains blue covarine. This chemical forms a thin film of blue coating on your teeth which protects your teeth from further picking up stains and also forms an illusion of whiter teeth. This effect is noticeable right after the first-time brushing.
As unwanted side-effects, these procedures may lead to gum irritation, tooth sensitivity, breakdown of teeth enamel and certain other issues. In other words, they can create irreversible damage to your teeth. While performing the treatment at home, you should always use whitening products that have a lower concentration of bleaching ingredient.
Moreover, qualified dentists associated with teeth whitening in London suggest taking certain precautions to avoid teeth discolouration, which include:
- Quit smoking
- Avoid excessive consumption of tea, coffee, red wine
- Eat a healthy diet
- Properly brush and floss the teeth every day and
- Visit your dentist at regular intervals
Follow these tips to keep your teeth whiter and your mouth healthier in the long run.