In order to set our schedule for the day, it’s essential to have a conception of time. However, if you are one of those people who say, ‘Oh! My iPhone time is wrong!”, then it’s time for a quick fix.
So, it’s worth noting that in most cases you can fix this problem with simple steps. All you have to do is to modify the Date & Time settings on your iPhone device. So, if you still feel My iPhone time is wrong, then let’s take a look at some of the ways to fix that. As they say, if the time is out of joint, then it’s time to set it right.
Why Does iPhone Show Wrong Time & Date?
Sometimes we see and wonder, “why does my iPhone time is wrong?”. Well, there are a lot of reasons for this problem. If you do travel a lot and find your iPhone showing the wrong time, then what to do? Actually, you haven’t probably set up the device to automatically correct its time and date as per its location.
On the other hand, if you aren’t traveling and find your iPhone indicating the wrong time and date, then probably your iPhone is obtaining the wrong date and time from incorrect carrier settings. Moreover, iPhone can also display the wrong date and time if you don’t use it for a long time. In addition, the problem can also arise due to a bad battery.
So, we can see that there are a lot of possibilities for this problem. Well, now’s the time to diagnose each of those problems and see whether the problem persists even then or not.
Allowing The iPhone To Set Date & Time Automatically
If you travel a lot and don’t allow the iPhone to set the date and time automatically, then it’s time to do that. So, it’s really simple to do this if you know the steps.
- Go to settings>General>Date and Time.
- Thereafter, it’s time to enable the Set automatically option.
So, once you enable the set automatically option, then it’s time for the next step. You have to make sure that the iPhone is showing the right time next to the Time Zone.
Enabling Location Services For Setting Time ZOne
If you have disabled the location service, then iPhone may show the wrong Time and Date. moreover, it’s one of the most common issues as well. So, do you wonder often why “My iPhone time is wrong?”. Well, if you haven’t turned on the location services, then iPhone won’t set the time and date. So it’s essential to turn on the Location Services on your iPhone device.
- In order to do that, go to the Settings option and then tap on Privacy.
- Thereafter, tap on the location services.
- Next, it’s time to move the toggle next to the Location Services to ON. In addition, scroll down and tap on the system services and enable the Setting Time Zone.
Once you have enabled the Setting time zone option, your iPhone should automatically switch to the right date and time.
3. You Can Also Manually Correct The Time & Date
Of course, you can manually correct it with a few simple and easy steps. iPhone can at times indicate the wrong date and time even if you set the automatic option. So, if you feel ‘my iPhone time is wrong’, then it’s time to manually correct it.
- To do that, go to Settings and then to General.
- Next, tap on the Date & Time option.
- You can disable the set automatically option and then tap on the Time field. Once you do that, you will get the option to provide the correct time and date.