GoDaddy email client is a web-based email client application that allows its users to exchange data via emails and attachments. The high level of security, profound accessibility, cost-effectiveness, exclusive third-party integrations, applications usage, and storage via Microsoft 365 is unmatchable with the other email clients. All these enchanting features and facilities tempt users to switch from GoDaddy Office 365 to Microsoft.
Native Migration Procedures for GoDaddy IMAP Mailboxes to Office 365
Migration through Microsoft 365 interface
- Log in to your GoDaddy account on your system.
- Navigate to Workspace Email>Manage all.
- From the recovered list of emails, select the desired emails.
- The new Export wizard will get opened.
- It will export the GoDaddy mailbox email details.
Our next task is to perform the migration through the Microsoft Office 365 interface.
- Log in to your Office 365 account with global administrator credentials.
- Move to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- Create a migration endpoint by moving to recipients>>migration>>More>>Migration endpoints.
- Next, navigate to recipients>migration.
- Click on the Add icon and then choose the option Migration to Exchange Online.
- Now, choose the IMAP migration option and click on Next.
- Click on the Browse option to add the CSV file created earlier.
- The IMAP migration configuration page will be opened and Click on Next.
- On the Move configuration page, name the migration batch.
- Click on Next.
- Select the option Automatically start the batch.
- Click on Save.
- Once the status is changed from syncing to sync, it means the migration is completed successfully.
- Once the migration process is completed, without wasting time, users can get back to work by accessing data on Hosted Virtual Desktop Server.
Migration through Outlook
This is another way to move GoDaddy IMAP mailboxes to Microsoft 365 destinations. Outlook users can add a GoDaddy IMAP account in the Outlook application using Add account option on the interface and choosing the IMAP option as the migration type. Once the IMAP account is added, users can utilize the Import/Export feature to move IMAP mailbox data to Outlook PST file format. Then users can import the PST file data instantly to the configured Microsoft 365 mailbox in the Outlook application using Import/Export feature.
Migration through Thunderbird
In this customer also, you can add the GoDaddy IMAP account using Account Settings in the Thunderbird application. Then configure the Microsoft O365 account to the same Thunderbird application. Use drag-drop or copy-paste options to migrate emails from the configured GoDaddy mailbox to Microsoft 365 account mailbox. Though we have multiple manual solutions there are certain risks and limitations linked to each one of them.
We suggest all users go automated here. Follow a proficient utility to perform a direct migration of GoDaddy IMAP mailboxes to Microsoft 365 destination. The advanced IMAP Backup tool moves all kinds of IMAP account data including GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 mailboxes in one go and there is no limitation on the data size and Windows version. The process is direct, flexible, and easy to conduct multiple IMAP mailbox migrations to Cloud with complete file items.
We have learned through this blog multiple manual ways to move GoDaddy data to Microsoft 365. All are approachable but somewhat risky, so it is preferred to choose a professional method. Apps4Rent can help you best in the migration process as they provide a wide range of Microsoft solutions and top-level services that help their clients to meet their IT challenges effectively, efficiently, and cost-effectively. Apart from that they even provide the best Windows Cloud PC Services with 100% assistance and round-the-clock tech support.