It is an exciting part of life when you get into university. So when you apply to university, the critical decision is to decide the place where you are going to live during your study duration. If you are going to stay in a suitable environment, it will help make your experience more enjoyable. It will enhance your opportunities to learn and help you make your time beneficial. So it is essential to see what you are looking for in your accommodation and what you should avoid. Student housing Sheffield can be found by keeping some points in mind. The factors to be considered while deciding your accommodation are as follows:-
1) Finding of perfect location-Location of the student accommodation plays a vital role in your uni experience. If you live near the campus, it will provide you with an opportunity to have easy access to the library and the lectures. But if you live a little farther away, you will have access to the social life of students like the nightlife of the city, a student union, and bars, etc. You will be able to visit the nightlife of the town with your friends. It will add to your memories of your university life. These will become the moments that you will cherish for your lifetime.
2) What is included-One must always know what is included in the property. It is essential to know about the accommodation you are taking before having your money deposit. If the price of the place is cheapest, it means that electricity and water bills are not included in the price. So you have to arrange for it separately. You have to make your budget accordingly to know that you can afford your property if bills are not included.
3) Access to internet connection-In the modern era, the internet has become an important aspect. One cannot live without it, even for a single day. One of the crucial factors considered while deciding on accommodation is a reliable and robust connection to the internet. It is essential if a student wants to learn by comfortably sitting in his room. It helps students in daily studying, making assignments, and various other works. It helps them to get connected to social media and know what is happening outside the campus too. So there requires 24*7 internet for doing all these affairs.
4) Being safe-Everyone wants to live in a place that is safe and secure. Due to the excitement of starting of university life, many students forget the factor that the site should be safe and secure. But it is worth it if one must do proper research on the accommodation in terms of security. They must find all the security systems available in terms of cameras and security guards at the gate. They should look if there were availability of staff during night time for any help.
5) Friendly environment-The environment should be friendly to live in. It is essential that the staff and people around your accommodation should be familiar. They are important for your comfortable, easy and happy staying. It will be good that you have a little chit-chat with them during your visit or ask the other students who are already staying there about their behaviour. It will help you know them better and aid in understanding how your stay will be.
6) Communal facilities-It is an essential thing while choosing accommodation. Availability of gym, common room, cinema room, etc. It makes one socialize better and make new friends. It would be best if you gave proper time to the communal area of the accommodation you will stay. It can also have a laundry room to ensure that it is well maintained.
7) Trusted and experienced organisation-One must make sure the agreement that they are making with the organization is trusted. If the organization is experienced, it will be a surety that you are in safe hands. If the organization is running for 20 years or more, it means it has gained all the knowledge of how to make your stay comfortable.
8) Budget-The budget of the place plays an important role. One must look for the price he is paying for the stay. If one is living on the campus or near to it will be costly as compared to the places far away from it.
If you live on campus, it will save you time to reach college and attend your lectures. It will also cut your travelling cost as the college will be at your walking distance if you live far away from college. You have to travel all the way long to attend your lectures. It will also add to your travelling cost.
9) Time saving or consuming -you live on campus; it will save your time from travelling from the city. But if you are living in the city or further away it will take time. You have to leave your place a little early to reach your college on time.
10) Type of accommodation-If one likes to have privacy and have a reasonable budget. One can look for private residencies and rooms where he is not required to share it with anyone. Similarly, if someone’s account is low or an extrovert, he should go for shared apartments. So it depends on individual choice and personality.
University life is a critical phase of anybody’s life. One must try to make it enjoyable and memorable. These memories are going to stay with you for a lifetime. This is where you will make new friends, where you will do struggle to improve your career. The place where you will live during this time will play an important role. So it must be chosen with full care. One can select any accommodation according to his choice. There are Studio, on-campus accommodation, private halls of residences, shared apartments, shared en-suite, dual occupancy studio, and many more. One can accommodate himself accordingly. Accommodation is your home which is away from home. It’s like your second home and should be able to provide you with all the home comforts.