The inability of not conceiving a child is something that cannot be discussed in words. It is one of the most disturbing and stressing things that no one wants to experience. Lifestyle factors and reproductive organ issues contribute to the infertility issue in both men and women. Thanks to medical science advancement that has made possible for the infertile couple to enjoy parenthood. For the Best IVF Treatment in Bangalore, people always search for the trusted fertility center where they can get an experienced team of doctors and high success rate.
Is IVF treatment going to help me? What are the chances of its success? Will it work for me? How to get know the success rate of the treatment? These a few important questions might come to your mind whenever you think of undergoing IVF treatment. One of the important facts is that no one can tell you the exact success rate of IVF as it is dependent on a number of factors. Let us find out more about these factors that determine the success and failure of IVF fertility treatment:
Common factors influencing IVF success
- Age: This is one of the biggest factors that determine the success of the treatment. In medical terms, the female partner has the ovarian reserve which means there is a limited amount of eggs that gets produced every month. With every passing year, both the quality and quantity of the eggs get decreased. If there will fewer eggs then this will ultimately decrease the chances of conception. If a female’s age is under 35 years then it is considered as the peak of fertility as there will be enough ovarian reserve. As the female partner’s age increases, the chances of success rate decreases. Though IVF has aided women of all age group to conceive, there is no exact success rate that doctors can assure you.
- Previous pregnancy
- One of the important factors on which IVF’s success is dependent is previous pregnancy. If the couple has been pregnant previously and they carried the baby for any term then there are good chances of conception through IVF. No matter whether you conceived through assisted reproductive technology or normally, you will have a high chance of success.
- Frequent miscarriage can also reduce the chance of success. This indicates that if you are having a specific problem then it might interfere in the success rate of the IVF.
- Change in lifestyle: If we are talking about the success and failure factor of IVF then lifestyle is also an important one that contributes a lot to it. Let’s have a look at some lifestyle factors changing of which can improve the success:
- Smoking and drinking: For both men and women, smoking & drinking has a serious effect. According to many studies and researches, it has been found that male partner who consumes alcohol or smoke has low sperm quality. Even the implantation rates also get reduced.
- Obesity: Overweight is also a crucial factor that determines the failure and success of IVF treatment. With obesity, you might experience an effect on your regular ovulation and monthly cycle. It can also alter the effects of medications prescribed during the IVF process.
- Donor eggs: In many cases, the patients are old and they don’t have enough and good quality of ovarian reserve. In such a situation, opting donor eggs might increase the chance of success in the entire process.
- Type of fertility problem: There are a number of fertility problems that respond well to this IVF treatment. Ovulation problem, blocked fallopian tube issue and low sperm count in the male are some fertility issues that can overcome through in-vitro fertilization process. But, there are some issues that might cause less effect of IVF. These problems include uterine abnormalities, fibroids, and ovarian dysfunction. If both male and female partner is having fertility problems then it will also lower the chance of success.
- Selection of fertility clinic: There are times when people don’t focus on this factor. But, this is also an important external factor that must be considered. Though the success of IVF is not in anyone’s hand, experienced doctors of well-reckoned fertility clinic can improve its chances. Expertise and technology also determine the success of IVF treatment. So, it is always advised to go for a clinic where you see good reviews about the doctors and the services.
Myths about the difference between IVF and test tube baby that you need to know
There are a number of people believe that both IVF and test tube baby are different. Scientifically, there is no difference between IVF and test tube baby. For IVF, test tube baby has been used as a nonmedical term to make people understand about the process of in-vitro fertilization. It is a general idea of the term ‘test tube’ as the sperm and egg are fertilized in a petri dish or test tube in the laboratory instead of the fallopian tube.
No matter whether you call it a test tube baby or an IVF process, the ultimate outcome would be a normal human baby.
If you are searching a trusted clinic for effective and the Best IVF Treatment in Bangalore then Gynaaecare is the one-stop solution for you. Right from the experienced team of fertility specialists to supportive staffs, you will find everything here.
Each fertility case has some uncertainty. These above-mentioned factors determine the success and failure of the fertility process, which we called as IVF. By focusing every factor and giving proper care to them, your doctor can help in increasing the chance of conception through IVF.