Imagine, you are reading a useful article and there appears to be a link to an R-rated website. Not only will it baffle the attention of the reader, but will make the read annoying as well. If not that, suppose your kid is watching something on ChromeBook and there goes the R-rated video. Embarrassing, isn’t it?
It is no mystery that some sites include malware for the sake of excess income. Viruses or lots of advertisements are a form of click-baiting. It exposes your site to dangers. According to statistical reports, many rely on google chrome for browsing purposes. So, you must know how to block adults’ websites on google chrome PC.
The default browser of ChromeBook is apparently Google Chrome. However, many choose to include FireFox. Nonetheless, blocking websites is important because it will help you greatly. This will assist you in restricting the sites you access. The best example of this function is Parental Controls. Although the reasons behind halting the access of the sites are many. Some of them are,
- To put a stop at a certain site to steal your info.
- You can halt the spread of viruses and malware on your devices.
- You can cease the show of inappropriate content. Hence, you can protect your child from immoral content online.
- You will be able to focus on what you are doing online. Nothing will distract you.
Although the reasons are very varied, the need renders it to be essential. So, we have provided you with a simple guide to blocking such content on your ChromeBook.
How To Easily Block R-rated websites on your ChromeBook?
● Use Supervised Users Account Based on Parental Guidelines
Although one might think it uncommon, this is the best way you can restrict the action. You have to create a supervised user account on the default browser of your ChromeBook. Then, you have to switch to the new user. If you do not know how to do it then follow the steps.
- You must open the browser.
- Now, head to Setting. You will see three dots on the menu on the top right near the address bar.
- You will see the option People. Click on it and you will see the option of “manage other people”.
- Then, you have to click on Add Person and fill out the user name.
- Do not forget to tick the option of the “Supervise this person” box. Now, save the person.
- Then, you must head to “Permissions” and then click “Manage”.
In this section, you have to insert the list of websites that you desire to block. Moreover, you can also choose to pick out the appropriate behavior for the URL as well. Easy-peasy, right?
● Use The BlockSite Extension:
We all know that the default browser of ChromeBook is Google Chrome. If you use it, then this step is useful for you. First, you have to download the extension of google chrome. The name of the extension is BlockSite. After you download it, follow the steps we have mentioned below.
- Go to the website that you desire to block. Then, right-click on it. After that, put “Add current site to the blacklist.”. Then you will see the option of “Add Website To Block List Google Chrome”. If you see it, it means you have successfully blocked the site.
Although, if you want to go the extra length to secure your device, you can redirect the blocked URL instead of show blocked. It will make the user think that there is something wrong with either the connection or the device.
- You can easily access it by choosing the option of the extension that says Blocked Website Redirection On Google Chrome.
If you want further protection, then you must buy the premium version of the extension. It will make it possible for you to put in password protection.
There is also a method that will assist you to contain certain words and phrases. In case your kid is using this particular browser, this feature will come in handy. As it will keep the browser kid-friendly.
- To enable it, you have to head to the option “Blocked Words” in the extension. That is it.
You can choose to set it to block many websites at a chosen time. All you have to do is just head to the option of “Active Days and Time”
If you are not happy with this variation of extension. Then you can choose the BlockIt extension. However, this extension is no longer available in the ChromeBook store. So, you will have to download it from any third-party website. If you want to set this up, you can easily do it in the above-mentioned steps.
● Block Websites Completely On The Computer
If you want to block the websites in a way so that no one can use them with any browser, then move to perform this method. To do it right, you have to follow the steps below.
- You have to sign in to your windows machine with the administrative account.
- Now, you have to open File Explorer and head to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
- Then, you have to open the file name host using pad or Notepad++.
- There you have to add the line to block google.com.127.0.0.1 google.com
You have to do it for each website that you want to block. Hence, you have to make each entry in a new line. Save the files and reboot your computer. The last thing that you need to do is check the browser to see if it worked or not.
● Third-Party Software Works As Well
If you want to strengthen the method, then you can choose to add third-party software. You can rely on third-party software or services to manage it. There is uncountable software like antivirus or parental control software that will make it manageable.
Lastly, we have the methodology of configuring your router as well. Although it is not as common as one might think. Nonetheless, many swore that it works wonderfully. So, next time you see any unwanted websites linked to your ChromeBook, follow the methods now.