Table of Contents
The west coast of the United States is known for pleasant weather all year round and some of the most picturesque and beautiful places which are visited not only by the residents but thousands of foreign tourist and travelers. San Francisco is one such amazing place in the state of California, which is already known all over the world due to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge which is the longest main suspension bridge in the world and connects San Francisco city with Marin County.
San Francisco is full of serene and spectacular natural beauty along with rich history, culture, art, exotic beaches, splendid parks, and other fun-filled activities. Apart from the Golden Gate Bridge, there are several amazing places to see such as the Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, Museum of Modern Art, Twin Peaks and also going on thrilling and exciting tours such as Waterfront tours.
The Fisherman’s Wharf is probably one of the best places to visit; it was once known as Little Italy of San Francisco, and the area is filled with splendid shops, cafes, and restaurants. It is also the place where you could go on spectacular sightseeing cruise of the city. The popular tourist attractions include Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Ghirardelli Square, Musee Mecanique, and Ripley’s Believe it Or Not.
There are simply many interesting and exciting tours that a person can take to explore the beautiful city of San Francisco. As the city is built around hills, surrounding suburbs of the city are an ideal place for passionate hikers. The tours are also quite good for tourists to explore different parts of the city without any hassle of driving or parking. If you want to truly enjoy a tour and give your legs some comfort then you must take San Francisco Waterfront Segway Tour which will take you around the Fisherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square and other serene places. An experienced guide will accompany you on tour in a two-wheeled Segway which is one of the most innovative and easier modes of transportation and helps you to roam around quite conveniently. The word ‘Segway’ is derived from segue which means to follow, and the Segway is a very innovative way to explore particular parts of the city.
Segway is a motorized scooter, and you could easily move right, left, forward and backward by controlling a thin handlebar. The Waterfront Segway Tour is usually limited to 10 people in a single session. The key highlights of the session are
- A two hour guided tour of the San Francisco Waterfront on a Segway
- A one of a kind environment-friendly tour of the city
- You get to see numerous wonderful attraction in a couple of hours
- The top places include Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, Fish Ally and other waterfront places
- Spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge
- You get a half-hour training session on how to operate and move about on a Segway
- Helmet and other safety accessories are provided to you
The Waterfront Segway tour is a very wonderful way to explore the beautiful city of San Francisco on wheels. Sky ITL Travel Like a Local will provide you with all the details regarding the Waterfront Segway Tour. A Segway is a remarkable vehicle which helps you to cover more ground as compared to walking, and you are in the open so could feel the surroundings instead of getting trapped in a touring bus. A Segway vehicle is easy to operate, and you will also get training with your guide. The session will begin with you and the guide starting the tour from Fisherman’s Wharf and other scenic sights. There are numerous stops around the tour where the guide will explain the significance of the place, and it will also give you some time to take memorable photos or take a drink of water.
The main attractions that you will be thrilled to see are the Aquatic Park, the iconic Cable Cars, the Dungeness crab stands, the National Maritime Museum, and the famous Ghirardelli Square. One of the highlights of your tour would be seeing the historical ships parked at the Fish Alley, Hyde Street Pier, and the Fisherman’s Chapel. You will learn quite a few things on the fishing industry, and you can also view the tall and towering Golden Gate Bridge. Your tour ends when you get back to the starting point.
Some of the important information that you need to know is
- You will be confirmed the tour at the time of booking, and if you have to book prior two days then your booking will depend on availability
- The tour will operate in every weather condition whether it is a hot or rainy day
- You have to check in 15 minutes before the tour starts
- The Segway riders should be more than 18 years old
- The standard weight to run the Segway is between 100 to 250 lbs.
- The pregnant women are not allowed to ride on the tour due to safety concerns
- Tourists having motor skills problem or undergone recent surgery are not allowed to take the Segway ride
- The women are not allowed to wear high heels, sandals or flip flops
- The travelers should be fit and healthy
- The safety helmets, vest, and other equipment will be provided
The amazing touring activity will allow you to
- Cruise through the Aquatic Park and then reach the end of Municipal Pier
- Climb the slopes of the Russian Hill
- See the pedestrian lanes and hidden stairways
- Ride in one of the ‘Crookedest’ streets and then ride to North Beach
- See the attractions of Little Italy which are Saints Peter and Paul Church
- Explore the Pier 39 which is home to the amazing sea lions
The total distance of the tour is 6 miles, and a guide will also accompany you on tour. You will also get a small radio receiver so that you get all the information that the guide is giving.