To begin with, “this site can’t be reached” error message is very common. There are multiple ways of fixing this error message. Read through the article to find out the top five ways for fixing the error message.
Here in the article, we will discuss in detail on methods to fix the error. The article will also include a step-by-step procedure for fixing the error.
Top five ways to fix “this site can’t be reached” error in Google Chrome browser
Clear your browser cache
The first and simplest way to fix the error is clearing the browser cache. To do so, there are only two steps to follow.
Step 1: Open the Chrome browser and click on three dots in the top right corner. Later, choose more tools options from the list. Then click on clear browsing data.
Step 2: A new tab will open after selecting clear browsing data. Check all the boxes and choose all time. Later click on clear data button to remove the cache.
After completing the two steps, reload the webpage and check if the issue is fixed.
Reset Google Chrome
Suppose clearing the browser cache doesn’t fix the issue, reset the Google chrome.
- First, open Google Chrome and select three dots line on the top right corner. Choose the setting option, in the menu look for the advanced options tab. Click on advance option to proceed further.
- Next in the advanced menu, come down and select “reset and clean up” option. After selecting the option; choose to restore the setting to their default. It should fix the issue.
Reset Wifi- Modem
The third way for fixing the error message on Google Chrome is resetting the wifi-modem. In case of a separate router, you should reset it to fix the issue.
- To reset the modem, unplug the power cord from the wifi router
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds
- Wait for the light to flicker and then release the reset button
- Then wait for the lights to turn on and connect to the internet.
This should fix the issue, resetting of wifi router is the best way to fix the issue on Google Chrome.
Restart the DNS Client service
The fourth way to fix “this page can’t be reached” issue is restarting DNS client service.
- First, the open run menu on the windows 10 by clicking on windows +R button on the PC.
- Now, this will start the windows command prompt menu.
- Next in the tab, type services.msc in it and click on enter
- Finally, wait for the new page to open and then click on DNS client and restart.
Remove browser extension from the Google Chrome
The last method to fix the error message is removing browser extension. All kinds of the browser include extensions. Extensions are a small program that helps in the function of the browser. Some of these extensions can interrupt the network. So removing the extension cane fix the error message.
- First, open the Chrome browser and click on three dots
- Next from the menu look for more tools icon
- Then select an extension from the side menu
- Later on, here in the side menu disable the extensions one by one
- Finally, check and see in any of these extensions is responsible for the error and remove it.
The above-mentioned five ways to fix the error message is simple.
To sum it up, the article talks about five simple ways to fix the error message. Follow any one of the five solutions mentioned-above to fix the error successfully on Chrome browser.