The new visa subclass 491, bestows an opportunity for skilled workers and their family members to work and live in Australia for a period of 5 years in the designated regional areas. Those who hold this visa are also desirable to apply for the permanent residence visa just after the completion of 3 years of stay in Australia.
Candidates for subclass 491 must be nominated by an Australian government or sponsored by eligible family members who are already residing in the regional area. Moreover, individuals can also be invited to apply for the visa subclass 491, by submitting the expression of interest (EOI) in the SkillSelect process.
The holders of 491 visa subclass are allowed to move between different regional areas. The regional areas exclude Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, The Gold Coast, Perth.
Unless 3 years are completed in a designated regional area, the holders of 491 visa are unable to apply for many skill visas in Australia.
Table of Contents
Features Of The 491 Visa
1. There are 500+ eligible occupations.
2. This visa has replaced state-sponsored visas along with the 489.
3. Initially, it is granted for a time period of 5 years.
4. To become eligible for this visa you must be nominated by the eligible family member or the state government.
5. You need to obtain at least 65 points in the skills test to obtain this visa.
What Are The Benefits?
1. Regional visa applications are processed on a priority basis.
2. There are incentives programs offered to the migrants in order to make them stay for a longer period in a regional area.
3. Moreover, a 491 visa has unlocked many medicare and welfare programs for the applicants. They can apply for the medical card in Australia and take advantage of their well being.
Eligibility For Permanent Residence
In order to become eligible to apply for permanent residence, there are certain conditions to be fulfilled. Conditions are:
To meet the requirements, the candidate should hold the visa 494 or 491 for a minimum of 3 years and must have a minimum taxable income. The earnings of the applicants must be at least $53,900 per annum for 3 years. The spouse can also be the main applicant here for the permanent residence they fulfill this criterion.
It is important to submit the visa application without making errors as any incorrect information may lead to a delay in the arrival of the visa. Thus, to make sure that you proceed with your application without flaws it is advisory to contact a registered migration agent.