For the past many years, various organizations are working towards upgrading the system of credentialing because if you see how many Americans have a credential or a degree after high school. You will be surprised to know that the count is considerably low. Hence, a number of institutions have pledged to increase this number by improvising the way credentialing works since they have a target of bestowing with at least sixty percent of people in the United States with relevant credentials.
One of the reasons for this initiative is the staggering need for professionals to be a part of the American workforce. So it is needless to say that there is a requirement for a wide range of credentials in the marketplace and that is exactly what these organizations are toiling towards. Moreover, they are evaluating the changes that are needed to fix the broad cracks in the current world of credentialing.
A few years ago, in the initial National Summit related to credentialing started a discussion on the gaps in the best credentialing systems development . The issue that was at the peak of the list was connected to the shattered and poor approach towards credentialing which is entirely unacceptable especially at this time since the demand for new talent is going skywards. These problems were the hot topic of several local, regional and national conferences that revolved around a wide array of report writing, analytical work, and blogging. As luck would have it, these dialogues suddenly moved towards searching for solutions.
After a series of conferences, a whole reservoir of solutions and actions were created that has the potential to revamp the credentialing system. Out of these solutions, the top ones were jotted down that could have the highest effect in combating these matters. Here is a list of the solutions that can prove to the best bang for your bucks.
- The first thing that should be done is the establishment of a new common language that can be used for explaining credentials with respect to the competencies. By that I mean, the skills and knowledge which is represented by each credential.
- Create a technology infrastructure that is open with interoperable data which will let you utilize technology along with real-time data for empowering credential users. This way employers, learners as well as advisors will have the required information to make the correct decisions concerning their options and the value of every credential in the job market.
- Ensure credential quality through agile procedures applied for quality assurance.
- Motivate employers to use credentials by creating scalable methods to engage them.
- Spread awareness about the economic gain attached to credentials.
A large number of organizations, as well as individuals, are adopting these actions and the work is advancing in some great ways. People today have a better understanding of the complexities of the country’s work-and-learn ecosystem along with the requirement for interconnection action.