Sometimes, there’s nothing better than a cool, refreshing drink of water. As good as a bottle of water is though, sometimes it’s not what you want. The plastic bottle can add a, well, plastic-y flavor to the water.
Distilled water is delicious and refreshing. Not a lot of people know how to distill water at home. But it’s actually remarkably easy to do yourself, and can get you access to great drinking water.
Curious about how to do this? Let’s take a look at six easy ways you can distill water at home.
How to Distill Water at Home in Six Ways
There are a few different ways to go about home water distillation. All of them will get you the same results, so the choice comes down to what’s easiest for you.
However, one of the easiest and most common ways is to use your stove or grill top to distill the water. The process is simple to understand, and only requires tools and utensils that most people already have around the house.
To do this method, you’ll need a pot with a lid, a small bowl that can be safely placed inside the pot, and some ice cubes.
- The first step is to partly fill the pot with water and put it on your grill or stove.
- Step two sees you set the bowl inside pot so that it’s floating, with the open side facing up. The bowl is going to be used to collect the water that evaporates and condenses on the lid of the pot.
- Place the pot lid upside down onto your pot. The point of placing it upside down is to create a singular point, the handle of your lid, where most of the water will ultimately condense to.
- Turn on the grill or stove and let the water heat. It needs to get pretty hot so that the water will start to evaporate inside the pot.
- The ice cubes need to go on top of the lid. The cold from the cubes will help the water condense faster.
- The last step is essentially just to wait. Wait until the water has evaporated, condensed to the lid, and dripped into the collection bowl. From here, use care to remove the bowl without burning yourself.
These six easy steps will see you safely and easily condensing distilled water in your own home.
Distill Your Own Water at Home
Of course, this is far from the only method of distilling water. You can collect external water. You can even buy water distillation tanks to install in your home. Retailers like Rockymountainwaterdistillers.com offer great deals on home distillers.
Whatever method you choose, knowing how to distill water at home is a valuable and underrated skill. It can provide you with safe, delicious drinking water whenever you need it.
So try your hand at home distilling today. And if you’re looking for other informative articles, be sure to check out the rest of our site. We’ve got plenty of great content to help you out.