Steam is a popular platform for gaming enthusiasts who love to play and download their favorite games. But sometimes, due to various technical issues, users face problems downloading games on the Steam application.
This can be a frustrating experience for the users, but there is a solution to this problem. In this article, we will discuss how to fix the issue of the Steam download game issue on the Steam application in Windows.
Reasons Why Steam Game Downloading Issue Happen
There can be various reasons why the Steam game may not be downloading on the Steam application. Some of the common reasons are:
- Poor Internet Connection: If the internet connection is slow or unstable, the game may not download.
- Steam Server Issues: Sometimes, the Steam servers may be down, which can prevent the game from downloading.
- Corrupted Download Cache: The download cache may become corrupted, causing the download process to stop.
- Antivirus Software Interference: Antivirus software can sometimes interfere with the download process, causing it to stop.
- Corrupted Game Files: The game files may become corrupted, causing the game to not download.
- Temporary Glitches: There may be temporary glitches in the Steam application that cause the download process to stop.
By identifying and reviewing these reasons, you can fix the issue of game Steam download in Windows.
Resolve Steam Game Downloading Issue
Fix 1: Restart Your Computer System
Restarting the Windows operating system is a common troubleshooting step for resolving many issues with the computer, Steam download issue. By restarting the computer, you can refresh the system and resolve any temporary issues.
- Firstly, click on the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the Power button.
- After that, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on “Restart.”
- This action will take you to the Windows Boot Options menu.
- From there, select “Restart” from the options listed.
- Finally, the computer will restart and boot back into Windows.
Fix 2: Check Internet Connection
If the internet connection is slow or unstable, the game may not download. To resolve this issue, make sure that you have a stable and fast internet connection before downloading any game. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try connecting to a different network to see if it resolves the issue.
- Firstly, check if you can browse other websites and access other online content.
- If not, try restarting your router or modem.
- If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, switch to a different network.
- Another option is to try connecting to the internet using a wired connection instead of a Wi-Fi connection.
Fix 3: Check for Server Issues
Sometimes, the Steam servers may be down, which can prevent the game from downloading. To check for server issues, visit the Steam Status website. If the servers are down, you will have to wait for them to come back online before you can download the game.
- Visit the Steam Status website.
- Check if there are any reported server issues.
- If there are any server issues, wait for them to be resolved before attempting to download the game again.
Fix 4: Open Steam With Admin Rights
- Firstly, right-click on the Steam application icon.
- Next, select “Properties.”
- Then, click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- After that, check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click on “OK.”
- Finally, double-click on the Steam application icon to launch it.
It’s important to note that running Steam as an administrator can resolve issues related to user permissions and ensure the application runs properly.
This may also be required for installing or updating certain games that need administrator permissions to modify system files. However, it’s recommended to only run Steam as an administrator when necessary and to run it as a standard user for everyday use for security reasons.
Fix 5: Clear Download Cache of Steam
- Firstly, open the Steam application.
- Next, click on the “Settings” button.
- Then, select “Downloads.”
- After that, click on the “Clear Download Cache” button.
- Finally, a prompt will appear asking you to confirm the action. Click on “OK.”
- The download cache will be cleared, and you will be able to download games again.
By clearing the Steam download cache, you can resolve any issues related to corrupted or incomplete downloads, and improve the performance of the Steam application.
Fix 6: Exclude Steam from Antivirus
Antivirus software can sometimes interfere with the download process, causing it to stop. To resolve this issue, temporarily disable your antivirus software and try downloading the game again.
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on “Virus & threat protection.”
- Select “Virus & threat protection settings.”
- Scroll down to “Exclusions” and click on “Add or remove exclusions.”
- Click on “Add an exclusion” and select “Folder.”
- Locate the Steam installation folder on your hard drive and select it.
- Finally, click on “OK” to confirm the exclusion.
Fix 7: Verify Game File Integrity
The game files may become corrupted, causing the game to not download. To resolve this issue, you can verify the game files.
- Firstly, open the Steam application.
- Next, right-click on the game you wish to verify.
- Then, choose “Properties.”
- After that, click on the “Local Files” tab.
- Subsequently, click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- During the process, Steam will compare the game files to those on its servers.
- In case any files are missing or damaged, Steam will download replacements.
- Finally, the game should launch smoothly once the verification is done.
Steam is one of the best place to purchase and download PC games from. It contains thousands of games across different genres. However, if you are facing a Steam download issue then don’t worry. In this article we have mentioned all fixes and their step by step instructions through which you can resolve the issue.
Read Also: WCOForever – Best Anime and Cartoon Streaming Service