Hair loss problems are becoming extremely common nowadays. None of us want to become bald at an early age, isn’t it? Therefore, lots of people are switching over to hair restoration treatments like hair transplantation. Well, you must have surely heard about this treatment.
Hair transplantation is a very delicate kind of surgery; as you can understand, it involves one of the most sensitive parts of our body, that’s our hair. So if you have undergone this surgery, you must regularly follow the post-operative instructions for optimal results. Today, in this article, we will guide you about the things you need to follow after your hair transplant surgery is done. But, first, let us take a look!
How Can You Take Post-Operative Hair Transplantation?
Well, needless to say, that just after your hair transplant surgery is over, your doctor will advise you about what you need to follow to avoid infections. Only if you follow these post-operative instructions and you will be able to get the best results. Moreover, it will also prevent the area from getting septic. Here are some of those instructions right from the first day itself:
Day 1 to Day 3
- As you know, post-operative care starts just after your surgery is done, and you return home from the hospital. Therefore, when the hospital authorities discharge you, they will supply you with all the required things. One of them is a spray bottle and a water solution. From day 1 itself to day 3 you should spray that solution at half an hour intervals to keep the area moist.
- If, by chance, the solution is finished, you can also make use of filtered water.
- Spraying this water at regular intervals will prevent scab formation on the transplanted area as well as on the donor area.
Day 4 to Day 14
- The initial few days are the most crucial time after hair transplantation is done. Therefore, you need to be very careful on those days. After 3 days have passed, you will commence a tea tree shampoo regime from the fourth day.
- So fill a clean bowl with tepid water, pour 10 ml of the shampoo and mix it. Make sure the solution becomes soapy. Then pour the solution over the transplanted area and the donor area. Finally, rinse it off and pat it gently with a clean towel.
- Remember to do this once a day from day 4th to day 14th.
- Avoid standing under a shower or wearing hats during this time.
- Do not use any kind of products in your hair post-operation other than those advised by your doctor.
- Strictly avoid using blow dryers or any kind of gadgets that can be detrimental to your operated area. Allow your hair to dry naturally.
- If you have any itchiness in your donor area, continue spraying the water solution on that area during these days.
- After around 10 days, your stitches will need to be removed. Therefore, visit your doctor’s chamber or the clinic where the surgery was done to remove them.
After 14 Days
- Soon after two weeks have passed, you need to start using medicinal products that will enhance hair growth. Continue using it for 6 months or more.
- Now you can gradually return to your normal hair washing regime. But make sure you wash your hair properly and regularly.
- Also, avoid any kind of strenuous activities for 4 weeks post-operation.
Summing it Up
So you can well understand that how essential it is to take post-operative care after your hair transplantation is done. Many patients who fail to take proper care end up experiencing swelling, bleeding, or pain. Therefore be cautious after your surgery.