Table of Contents
- 1 Ingredients for a kit-Kat ice-cream cake recipe to be made at home
- 2 Directions about the easiest way to make a Kit-Kat ice cream cake
- 3 Pro Tips for a Kit-Kat ice cream cake recipe
- 4 How to make a Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake without baking
Cake as a dessert was invented by the Egyptians around 13th century to show their advanced baking skills. In the beginning, cakes were served as the modified bread. But, now they are properly baked by using different ingredients including flour, sugar, butter, eggs, leavening agents like baking soda and baking powder. Moreover, some additional ingredients are also used to get different flavours and amazing colours. For instance, frostings such as candies, creams, nuts, chocolate, fruit slices, biscuits, etc. are also there. All these make your cake very tempting and yummy. The same as well as many other things are used to prepare our today’s Kit-Kat ice cream cake recipe.
Nowadays, different cakes are commonly served in birthday parties, like a Kit-Kat birthday cake, weddings, welcome or fare-well parties, different business or office treats and many other events all over the world. Our Kit-Kat ice cream cake recipe is mainly popular with children due to its sweet, soft and creamy texture. In this modern era, many types of electrical and gas equipment are also available to bake a Kit-Kat cake. So, you can get it in your desired shape and quality. Despite having to manage so many ingredients, you will be able to make a Kit-Kat ice cream cake on a budget.
The base of every cake is almost the same but the flavouring ingredients are different. Today, we will tell you a different recipe which, if you try, will become the most favourite cake not only to your children but also to the rest of the members of your family. Here we go.
Ingredients for a kit-Kat ice-cream cake recipe to be made at home
Basic cake items
Flour 2 cups
Cocoa powder sweetened 1 cup
Baking powder 2 teaspoons
Baking soda 2 teaspoon
Salt 2 pinches
Unsalted butter or oil half cup
Milk 1 cup
Sugar granulated 2 cups
Hot water 1 cup
Kit-Kat ice cream 1.5qt or 6 cups (you can use any other 2 flavours of your choice).
Kit-Kat bars 30 to 40 or as much required to stick at the sides of the cake.
Whipped cream 1.5 cup
Sprinkles or candies as required
Directions about the easiest way to make a Kit-Kat ice cream cake
For the base of the cake
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 C for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take a bowl and add all dried items including flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Then mix them well. Make sure to stir these items to avoid lumps in the cake.
- Take another bowl, add sugar, oil, and salt and mix it finely. Later on, add eggs one after another. Then pour milk in it and stir again.
- Gradually add liquid mixture into the dried mixture and beat it continuously until it gives smooth thick texture and no lumps are left in it.
- Now add hot water to the whole mixture. Further, mix it well and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Until the mixture sets, grease a pan.
- Add the mixture in the pan and put it in the oven.
- Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Check the cake either it is fully baked or not by putting the knife in the middle. If no mixture sticks to the knife, the cake is perfectly done. If some mixture is present on the knife, let it bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. But, the total time of baking should not exceed 45 minutes.
- Now, let the cake rest at room temperature.
Piling up the Cake
- Cut the cake horizontally in 2 slices.
- Put the ice cream to soften not melt so it can be spread easily on the cake.
- Take one slice of cake and spread 3 cups of ice cream on it.
- Now put another slice of cake on it and spread the remaining 3 cups of ice cream on the cake.
- Put the cake in a freezer so the ice cream can get frozen.
- Put the chilled whipped cream around the side of the cake.
- Stick the Kit-Kat bars around the whipped side of the cake vertically.
- Add sprinkles or candies or whatever you like to frost.
The cake is ready to eat. Slice it and serve immediately so it does not get melted. You may use this Kit-Kat ice cream cake for parties as well.
Pro Tips for a Kit-Kat ice cream cake recipe
There is no technical work in baking the cake but a minor mistake can make it dry, lumpy or hard. Here are some tips everyone should keep in mind while baking the cake.
- Stir every dried ingredient i.e. flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda properly. It will help the cake rise finely and consistently.
- Always use granulated or powdered sugar. Usually, in baking products, it is difficult to dissolve sugar in oil, butter and eggs.
- A little amount of salt will adjust the flavour of the whole item separately and balance the taste.
- Putting hot water in the cake will make it moist, soft and fluffy.
- Proper preheating is necessary because it will cause the dough rise consistently.
- Let the cake rest after baking at room temperature. Do not put it into the fridge; it will slightly change the taste and texture of the cake.
- Frost the cake when it completely gets cold. Otherwise, the frosting will melt and make the cake messy.
How to make a Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake without baking
Another way to make Kit Kat Ice cream cake is really simple and easy. You don’t need to bake anything. Moreover, it will save your time. Here we go!
- Kit Kat ice cream 8 cups or 2 quarts
- Kit Kat bars at least 50 or as required
- Oreo cookies 30
- Milk 2 tablespoon
- Whipped cream 1.5 cups
- Sprinkles, candies, chocolate syrup or chocolate chip etc for décor
- Let the ice cream get soften but not melt at room temperature.
- Grease the spring pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the bars inside the pan as the Kit-Kat name looking out, against the side of the spring pan. Moreover, try to get Kit-Kat bars as near as you can.
- Place a piece of butter paper at bottom of the pan.
- Take a bowl. Break all the cookies and put them in a bowl. Then mix it well by adding hot milk. Furthermore, all the cookies must be broken in granulated form.
- Put all the cookie mixture in the pan. Set it with the help of a spatula.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now place 4 cups of soft ice cream on it. Freeze it for 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining Kit-Kat bars on the ice cream.
- Now apply another layer of remaining ice cream. Then freeze it for 30 more minutes.
- Put the whipped cream on the top. Frost it with sprinkles, candies or as per desire.
- Slice and serve it immediately.