We spend a third of our life in bed, so it deserves the best. Many people spend a lot of their budget on buying luxurious bedding, but this is not wise. You should always buy the bedding without squeezing your budget, especially when it comes to super king full-size bed, which can be used throughout your baby’s early years to teenage years.
Super king beds are 6 feet wide and 6.4 feet in length. They are ideal choices for taller people because of a few inches extra length. This large-sized bed can be very costly to dress up because each occupant of super king size bedding is larger compared with double or twin bedding. And obviously, when more fabric and Labour hours are being invested in manufacturing, you are supposed to pay some extra dollars.
In this article, we will provide you with some essential guidelines to help you choose the perfect bedding staying in your budget. Knowing what you want before heading to the store can is the buying process and helps you determine which materials are suitable for you. This will not only make the buying process an easy task but allow you to have fun while choosing the bedding.
Buying bed sheets
Bed sheets are undeniably the essential part of your bedding. There come flat shades and fitted shades when it comes to bed sheets. There is no hard and fast which one you should go for. It’s about one’s preference, but we will require you to choose superhit fitted sheets because they will stay in place and help you achieve an organized and wrinkle-free bed.
- Choose the fabric material for sheets according to your body type and the way you sleep. Mostly cotton and cotton blends are the recommended choice because they are breathable, soft, comfortable, and economical. Moreover, they wick away the body moisture and help you stay cool and dry throughout the night. Cotton and cotton plants are suitable for everyone out there, irrespective of the gender and age group.
- On the other hand, flannel sheets are beneficial to keep you warm in the winter. They have a tighter weave, which limits the airflow and creates cozy bedding. When it comes to choosing luxurious materials, you can go for silk, linen, jacquard, and Egyptian cotton.
- After deciding the fabric material, look for the thread. Thread count is defined as the total number of threads woven in a square inch of the fabric. The higher the thread count, the more expensive the ships are because they will be finer and more durable. On the scale, its values vary from 250 to 1600.
According to a thumb rule, anything below 350 is not worth buying. To enjoy the maximum comfort, you are advised to purchase the sheets between 450-600 TC.
Choosing the Bedding Topper
- Always choose the comforter that matches your sheets. If you live in a warm climate, go for something lightweight with minimal padding. Remember that thick and heavy quilts are ideal for cold climates only.
- Duvets are a necessary part of every bedding. In the summer, they can be used in place of top shade to add more to the softness and plush of bed, whereas in winter, they help you cover yourself and stay warm and toasty. When choosing a duvet, be careful about filling material, fill power, weight, and tog value. Also, don’t forget to buy a duvet cover.
Because duvets are often expensive, and covering them with an extra cover will help to retain their texture and increase their life. It will also help you add an aesthetic touch to the bedding and allow you to match it with the rest of the occupants.
Pillows and cushions
- Always buy four pillows (two in king-size & two in standard size) and five cushions (of different shapes) for your super king size bedding. Remember to supply yourself with pillowcases and accent cushion covers. This cover for cases will protect the inserts and add a colorful accent to your bedding.
- While choosing the pillows and cushion inserts, choose the wedding material very carefully. It should be moderately soft to support your neck and shoulder muscles while sleeping.
- Other than the standard pillows, you can go for neck pillows if you have any problem with your backbone for shoulder muscles. Neck pillows keep you in the correct position while sleeping and make the chances of any pain very unlikely.