QuickBooks software comes along with smart functionalities to facilitate business processes. QuickBooks Hosting Mode is one of the beneficial functions that allows users to host similar company files on various PCs. So, several users can have access to a similar company file after it is hosted. This concept assists to increase productivity as your entire team can execute various processes on the file simultaneously. To get this work done, all you need is to switch on hosting mode. Here’s the process:
To switch on the hosting mode, a user has to go through the Company menu and determine which users to give access to. After you add the user, you can select the type of access you want to provide to the users.
Here are the steps to Enable Hosting Mode for QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your PC. Be sure that the accounting software is updated to avoid any complications with the hosting.
- Next, head to the main menu bar and choose the ‘Company’ alternative.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Set Up Users and Passwords’ with the help of the drop-down menu.
- Then, choose the ‘Set Up Users’ alternative from the list.
- You will see the ‘User List’ in a new window.
- If you are using this function for the first time, the ‘Admin’ page in the list is visible.
- On the right side, you will see various tabs. From there, you have to click the ‘Add Users’ tab.
- When a new window opens, you will need to create a user password and access.
- In the “Username” section, you can input the name of the user who you want to add for hosting the file.
- After deciding, input the password and confirm it.
- Now, you can hit the “Next” button.
You can also use a Virtual Desktop Cloud to increase the efficiency of work. When you set the user, you can find several types of areas (accesses) that you have to choose for your user. Those different types of accesses are as follows:
- All areas of QuickBooks enable users to execute operations with no limitations.
- An external accountant provides access to the chosen users except for the credit card numbers or customer data.
- Particular areas access enables you to give access to the users depending on the preferences you have created for them.
Based on what type of access you grant to the users; they can review the details. But if you choose the Selected Locations as a type of user’s access then try these steps:
- Click on the Next button.
- When you see the various elements, like Sales and Accounts Receivables, you can choose No Access or Full Access alternatives, With Selective Access, you can determine user access in QuickBooks.
- As you search for different elements, you can choose the alternatives based on your decisions.
- Now, press the ‘Finish’ button.
Apps4Rent provides the most prominent services for QuickBooks Hosting with support and excellent maintenance. Additionally, they also give services for migrations like Exchange Mailbox Migration and much more.