San Francisco, United States, 2019-May-13 — /EPR Network/ —
The global agricultural fumigants market size is projected to reach USD 1.25 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast period. Increasing demand for chloropicrin, 1,3-dichloropropene, phosphine, and metam sodium globally are the key driving forces for the market.
It is recommended to have professional applicators due to the hazardous characteristics of the majority of the fumigants, especially dimethyl sulfide and chloropicrin. In economies that are majorly dependent on agricultural services and practices, the applicators are more often than not, government-appointed, or manufacturer deputed depending upon the nature of availability.
The importance of these products in reducing post-harvest losses is anticipated to be a key driver for the agricultural fumigants market. According to a report submitted by the World Health Organization (WHO), it has been observed that over one-third of food is wasted or lost due to improper storage. Reducing these losses may lower the pressure on the agriculture industry to meet the dietary requirements of a growing population. Moreover, it shall also reduce the exploitation of other sustainable natural resources.
Fumigants that belong to the family of insecticides have been approved for the storage of food grains by the World Health Organization. The organization also carries out annual reviews to assess the toxicity of the existing products as well as the new products introduced in the market. The post-harvest phase, including storage and transportation, involves the use of fumigants for reducing storage losses.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Although applications, such as warehousing and transportation hold a dominant market share, soil-based applications are projected to register a CAGR of 4.3% over the forecast period
- The liquid form of the product was the most widely used with around 35,000 tons used in 2017
- Majority of essential fumigants are organometallic derivatives obtained from chemicals, such as methylamine, carbon disulfide, methanethiol, and caustic soda
- Manufacturers such as BASF, Arkema, and AkzoNobel have integrated their operations by combining the manufacturing their chlor-alkali products along with formulating fumigants
- Some of the key participants in the agricultural fumigants market are Arkema, Syngenta AG, Dow AgroSciences, and UPL among others. Regulations play a vital role in shaping the dynamics of companies, wherein new policies directly influence a company’s R&D purpose and introduction of new product classes.
Access Press Release of This Research Report by Grand View Research: www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-agricultural-fumigants-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
For More Info: www.grandviewresearch.com